Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    how can i reinstall my tweeks and themes on 1.2 safely?

i read somewhere that i could do it by running webos install 2.3..but i have 2.5....soif thisis the answer..how do i change to 2.3

i am a beginner
    Three options:

1) Do it by hand...which takes some time to learn...and the instructions are all over the place...including here:

Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

2) Wait patiently for an update to WebOS Quick Install. They will get something out, but it will take time...and they are *volunteering* to do this...so set your expectations accordingly

3) Mail me your phone and I will do it...but not for free...and you don't want to know what I charge per hour for consulting.

Yes, option 2 is your best bet....but it requires patience.
    according to precentral's twitter feed webos qick install will work again no later than this friday.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PR24FLAVA View Post
    how can i reinstall my tweeks and themes on 1.2 safely?

i read somewhere that i could do it by running webos install 2.3..but i have 2.5....soif thisis the answer..how do i change to 2.3

i am a beginner
    I don't recommend doing this. I used 2.03 and when I removed the tweaks again it completely erased all the apps (yes ALL) I had (and launcher pages) except for Dev Mode. Now I am trying to use WebOS Dr and it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected from the computer when in fact it hasn't been. I don't know if this will happen to all phones or if I am just "lucky". Anyone else have this happen?

Just got off the phone with Tech Support, reset the phone to factory settings and still only have one launcher page and all the app icons are stacked on top of each other and can't be moved. Leaving to get a replacement now.
    Last edited by Mmillican; 09/29/2009 at 05:54 PM.