Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    So, I like everyone else have been waiting for the new webOS update1.2 to come out. Well I spend my time today uninstalling my tweaks in patches as stated by the great people at precentral. Well after the new 1.2 webOS update I installed the new webOS installer 2.6. Loaded everything up an was very excited to see the added bonuses on the new installer (didn't know the new version was out, opps), anyways, it kept giving me an error of it can't find path...yadda yadda. After i deleting an reinstalling it several times, I go back to precentral to see if i was the only one with issues. Well on the home pages at the top, BAM, the great guys here was telling us the sad news of the webOS installer 2.6 not working after the 1.2 update. So, just for laughs i went back to the older installer 2.03, and it works just as it did before the update. Now I know I was a little upset to see giant icons an even nascar back on my phone, so findin out that the older version of webOS installer (2.03) was still workin made me ever so happy. Now I'm not sure if all the tweaks work but the majority of them do or at least the ones that i use are working. If there is anyone out there that were a bit sad on the webOS installer 2.6 not workin can at least use 2.03 until they get the 2.6 back up an running.

    Just found out that the PDF viewer working in landscape is not working on my phone.

    Enjoy and I hope this helps you guys enjoy 1.2 update as much as I do.
  2. #2  
    nice u are correct!!! wow an hour after my update and i can have all my tweaks back!!! 2.03 it is!!!
  3. Mmillican's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #3  
    I don't recommend doing this. I used 2.03 and when I removed the tweaks again it completely erased all the apps (yes ALL) I had (and launcher pages) except for Dev Mode. Now I am trying to use WebOS Dr and it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected from the computer when in fact it hasn't been. I don't know if this will happen to all phones or if I am just "lucky". Anyone else have this happen?

    Just got off the phone with Tech Support, reset the phone to factory settings and still only have one launcher page and all the app icons are stacked on top of each other and can't be moved. Leaving to get a replacement now.
    Last edited by Mmillican; 09/29/2009 at 05:54 PM.
  4. fatboypup's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I don't recommend doing this. I used 2.03 and when I removed the tweaks again it completely erased all the apps (yes ALL) I had (and launcher pages) except for Dev Mode. Now I am trying to use WebOS Dr and it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected from the computer when in fact it hasn't been. I don't know if this will happen to all phones or if I am just "lucky". Anyone else have this happen?

    Just got off the phone with Tech Support, reset the phone to factory settings and still only have one launcher page and all the app icons are stacked on top of each other and can't be moved. Leaving to get a replacement now.
    yeah the 4x4 launcher caused mine to freak out and i had to use the doc to get it back to 1.1 .... and start all over
  5. rick.hill's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #5  
    Did the same thing... other features worked but could not see any apps at all. Hope it works. Used the app before and it was GREAT!
    Last edited by rick.hill; 09/29/2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added to message
  6. jon208's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #6  
    Nice!!! Good Find man, you saved me a lot of trouble....
  7. yellow's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #7  
    says that my phone isn't connected when I use any version of quick install??
  8.    #8  
    Mine did the same thing. I had both open the 2.6 and the 2.03. Got a little click happy n the next i know my icons are samller like in the 4x4 mode but only 3 wide. so i closed 1 app out (the 2.6, which only like 2 things in that worked for me) went back to 2.03. unclicked 4x4 and i had the same, all icons ontop of one another. So I reclicked the 4x4 then after restart it was all fine.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I don't recommend doing this. I used 2.03 and when I removed the tweaks again it completely erased all the apps (yes ALL) I had (and launcher pages) except for Dev Mode. Now I am trying to use WebOS Dr and it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected from the computer when in fact it hasn't been. I don't know if this will happen to all phones or if I am just "lucky". Anyone else have this happen?

    Just got off the phone with Tech Support, reset the phone to factory settings and still only have one launcher page and all the app icons are stacked on top of each other and can't be moved. Leaving to get a replacement now.
    Almost the same thing. I came close to bricking my phone also. I didn't use the 4.4 option, but I upgraded to 1.2 and had the tweaks from 2.5. After the upgrade I forgot to switch to developer mode. Then lost the battery icon all together. Then try adding it back and lost the background and all my launcher pages Then powered it off, took the battery out and then tried to restart it and just kept seeing palm. (no smiley for flat line), this all happened at work.

    Went home and used Jason's Web Doctor and was able to bring the phone back to life. On the Palm site you have to submit your product code behind the battery. I guess Palm wants to keep track of who's going to the doctor. First 2 tries didn't recognize phone was connected to PC. Third time it did it and was able to restore it. Then did the upgrade and logged into the phone and it restored my contacts, everything else I had to put back.

    I'll wait 'til Friday and wait for the results before I try anything else. No more tweaks for me, but I did install homebrew apps. I got my Pre from Best Buy and opted out of the warranty.

    So for me, Bricking is not an option.
  10. #10  
    You can't brick the phone. webOS Doctor can always get it back to a usable state.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I don't recommend doing this. I used 2.03 and when I removed the tweaks again it completely erased all the apps (yes ALL) I had (and launcher pages) except for Dev Mode. Now I am trying to use WebOS Dr and it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected from the computer when in fact it hasn't been. I don't know if this will happen to all phones or if I am just "lucky". Anyone else have this happen?

    Just got off the phone with Tech Support, reset the phone to factory settings and still only have one launcher page and all the app icons are stacked on top of each other and can't be moved. Leaving to get a replacement now.
    Sounds like you and a few are the lucky ones. Most of us used 2.03 to go back to 4x4 and hide nascar. I also ran webos repair right before going to 1.2 so maybe that's why nothing happened...
  12. 1Reaper's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    I don't recommend doing this. I used 2.03 and when I removed the tweaks again it completely erased all the apps (yes ALL) I had (and launcher pages) except for Dev Mode. Now I am trying to use WebOS Dr and it keeps saying that my phone is disconnected from the computer when in fact it hasn't been. I don't know if this will happen to all phones or if I am just "lucky". Anyone else have this happen?

    Just got off the phone with Tech Support, reset the phone to factory settings and still only have one launcher page and all the app icons are stacked on top of each other and can't be moved. Leaving to get a replacement now.
    It did the same thing to my wifes Pre, had to use webosDR 3 or 4 times to get it fixed. BAD!
  13. Mmillican's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    You can't brick the phone. webOS Doctor can always get it back to a usable state.
    Somehow, I did to a degree - I could only use the 5 icons on the bottom - thankfully one was dialer so I could program a factory reset - which didn't work . WebOS Doc did NOT work (I tried it a several times, it just kept telling me my phone had been disconnected from the computer when it was still connected ). Tech support couldn't get it back up with a factory reset over the phone or at the store. They tried for 4 hours - they thought it was cool . They finally replaced it at closing. Back up and running now - no tweaks for me for now .
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dano76 View Post
    So, I like everyone else have been waiting for the new webOS update1.2 to come out. Well I spend my time today uninstalling my tweaks in patches as stated by the great people at precentral. Well after the new 1.2 webOS update I installed the new webOS installer 2.6. Loaded everything up an was very excited to see the added bonuses on the new installer (didn't know the new version was out, opps), anyways, it kept giving me an error of it can't find path...yadda yadda. After i deleting an reinstalling it several times, I go back to precentral to see if i was the only one with issues. Well on the home pages at the top, BAM, the great guys here was telling us the sad news of the webOS installer 2.6 not working after the 1.2 update. So, just for laughs i went back to the older installer 2.03, and it works just as it did before the update. Now I know I was a little upset to see giant icons an even nascar back on my phone, so findin out that the older version of webOS installer (2.03) was still workin made me ever so happy. Now I'm not sure if all the tweaks work but the majority of them do or at least the ones that i use are working. If there is anyone out there that were a bit sad on the webOS installer 2.6 not workin can at least use 2.03 until they get the 2.6 back up an running.

    Just found out that the PDF viewer working in landscape is not working on my phone.

    Enjoy and I hope this helps you guys enjoy 1.2 update as much as I do.
    i did like u said and used the 2.03 version and i was able to add some of the old tweaks back to it. but i am still lacking some other tweaks.

    do u know where i can get these tweaks?
  15. #15  
    hey i new im tryin to figure this out were can i get the new webos quick installer from anyone got the link i cant get it help please
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprenutt View Post
    i did like u said and used the 2.03 version and i was able to add some of the old tweaks back to it. but i am still lacking some other tweaks.

    do u know where i can get these tweaks?
    ya, download 2.72 now it works for it all or if you have preware on ur phone you add. go to this page n follow the instructions, they work great. (precentral.net/theres-patch) (you have to add http n the www before, nmost web browsers dont require you to, but sometimes they do.) You can now download then via phone using preware. hope this helps.

    Dano
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem132 View Post
    hey i new im tryin to figure this out were can i get the new webos quick installer from anyone got the link i cant get it help please
    follow the link I left for palmprenutt. It has all the links for webOS installer 2.72. these guys here are great and walk you thru the steps very well.
  18. #18  
    Just got the phone last week, and after finding out about Tweaks, I got them on there. Then I upgraded to the webOS1.2.1 and found out I lost my tweaks. After research, I realized I should've deleted the tweaks before the upgrade. So I hoped that the new version of the quick install would help but when I tried to get a tweak, I got this message (see below). Can anyone tell me how to get tweaks again?

    ERROR: Unable to process patch to
    /usr/lib/luna/system/lun-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

    difflib.patchfailedexception:incorrect chunk: the chunk content doesn't match the target

Posting Permissions