1.    #1  
    I think the upgrades on 1.2 are just merely "OK". Im still waiting on Mp3 downloads and Flash Player.

Im a Dj so i need the Mp3 downloads so that i may listen to songs emailed to me by record labels on the 'fly' rather then wait til i get on my laptop to review.

I only need the Flash Player for HULU.com.....Unless Hulu can come up with their own app.

ANyhow, i will continue to be patient and i still believe this phone is better than any other MEDIA Phone out.

just my thoughts....
    Dude...if you take time to read some articles on this site, you will know that palm will be one of the first cellular companies to receive Flash 10 sometime early October. the flash will be the full version, and not flash lite in the iPhone or any other devices.....Now if that's not impressive enough for you, then i don't know what will be. Also this update addressed a whole lot of the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES first. The phone is a lot faster and more responsive now. Other issues (which are too large to name) have also been resolved. Also there MAY be another update sometime this week to release the app catalog from Beta phase.....TO me, this update is the most impressive so far!
    But without simple additions like LED notification and being able to change tones for text and email, how can it really be that impressive?

Another big one that doesn't ever get mentioned is no zoom with the camera. All these things I've listed I could do with my first cell phone which was a crappy free Samsung flip phone from T-Mobile. I'm not sure how Palm left these features out. Maybe one of these days but it just seems like its been a let down so far with the OS updates.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Some people are impressed by a vamped up structural integrity, some people are impressed by all the bells and whistles.
  5.    #5  
    I agree with you Dabigapple.....but i already knew about the Flash 10. However,

LED notifications
    tones for text an email
    Text forwarding

All should have been added. WebOS 1.2 is not impressive. Its just a fix to what should have alredy been there.

I like the updated but its a patch to me, I'm waiting on a REAL UPDATE that is Innovative and useful for MY NEEDS.
    Palm is building a mass-market device. While some of these issues are important to you, there are some who could care less.

- I would never, ever care about forwarding a text message. If I did want to do so, I can now copy and paste it into a new message.

- Sure it would be nice to have separate tones for text and email, but there are a great many users who would prefer to have a phone that reliably gets email and text, and the rest is just gravy.

- LED notifications are important, but they do not make 1.2 a poor update. Fact is, most people just check their phone by tapping the power button. That will suffice for now.

The Pre does more than any other phone out there. I am proud to see that the complaints about 1.2 are that my phone doesn't blink.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    the flash will be the full version, and not flash lite in the iPhone or any other devices.....
    You might want to research that a bit.
    LED notifications are important, but they do not make 1.2 a poor update. Fact is, most people just check their phone by tapping the power button. That will suffice for now.

No LED is a major disappointment for me. I shouldn't have to check my phone to see if I got an email, text message, missed a call or missed a reminder.

A Smart Phone should tell me these things!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post

No LED is a major disappointment for me. I shouldn't have to check my phone to see if I got an email, text message, missed a call or missed a reminder.

A Smart Phone should tell me these things!
    It does. It rings/vibrates. Then a handy notification pops up even if your phone is off.

I didn't say the LED notifications weren't needed, I was just saying that they don't make or break an update, especially this one.
    I understand what your saying...and you're right!

Its just been my experience (a few times) when I have the phone charging on my office desk and I step out to grab mail or whatever and come back to the phone looking up at me all shinny and black and silent. Only to find out I missed an alert.

Sure, carrying the phone 24/7 would eliminate the problem, (although I wish I could make it vibrate a bit longer.) But having a phone that gives me a visual notification by lighting up would be a great feature! One that I miss from my Treo.

I agree with you that "The Pre does more than any other phone out there." Maybe I was just hoping for a bit more...a blinking light for one, and some color to make the monthly calendar more useful.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I think that for how recently this phone was released, it's unbelievable, and way better than anything Palm has put out before. It can only get better from here. Good work Palm...Keep it up!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Before I get flamed that is the topic of this thread. It is an opinion.

LED notifications, Yahoo messenger, MSN chat, zoom on camera, video the list can go on and on. How about an integrated facebook application? I understand what everyone is saying but how long do we have to wait for simple features that most phones have now. Come the end of this year it will be the six month period that the phone will be out. I think the limits on the applications is terrible. We get 1.2 and the app catalog is still in beta and only shows 50 applications. I am not even interested in going to the app catalog because I have to delete an application to load another. The turns me off. When the paid apps hit this week that makes it look worse. What about a document editing suite? We keep hearing about that but where is it?

I am not bashing the phone, I LOVE IT. I have had many phones on many different carriers and it is by far the best so far. I am just saying there are a half a million of us out here that bought this phone and would like it to do the basic things that the older Palm devices are able to do now.
    September 27, 2007 - 5 months after release, IPhone can now adjust alert volume.

January 15, 2008 - Iphone icons on the home screen can be rearranged and placed on multiple home screens

One full year into the IPhone OS - Ability to turn Wi-Fi back on while in Airplane mode.

What I am saying is that it could be worse.

Also, updates are prioritized by not only need but by resources available. This is not unheard of. Relax. Updates will come.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_OS_version_history

(I know, Wikipedia... but sometimes it's reputable)
    .... this one made me laugh...

Ability to turn Location Services on or off - July 2008.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    September 27, 2007 - 5 months after release, IPhone can now adjust alert volume.

January 15, 2008 - Iphone icons on the home screen can be rearranged and placed on multiple home screens

One full year into the IPhone OS - Ability to turn Wi-Fi back on while in Airplane mode.

What I am saying is that it could be worse.

Also, updates are prioritized by not only need but by resources available. This is not unheard of. Relax. Updates will come.
    You are very right, it could be worse. And please do not say the iphone just got MMS. Because that was all AT&T it had nothing to do with the iphone itself.

I am willing to wait on the updates on my Pre, as I said its the best I have ever had. Plus with Sprint and its mobile to mobile and its excellent pricing its a great deal for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywut View Post
    I agree with you Dabigapple.....but i already knew about the Flash 10. However,

LED notifications
    tones for text an email
    Text forwarding

All should have been added. WebOS 1.2 is not impressive. Its just a fix to what should have alredy been there.

I like the updated but its a patch to me, I'm waiting on a REAL UPDATE that is Innovative and useful for MY NEEDS.

The bolded ones are already available via apps or Quick Install.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Not sure if this applies to this thread but I'm lazy and don't want to hunt for a "WebOS features present in 1.1 but missing in 1.2" thread.

In WebOS 1.1 there was a feature in the E-mail application which allowed you to expand a message so you could read more of it without actually opening up the message. I tried to "pinch and expand" as usual and it doesn't work...I've confirmed this with a friend as well and am just curious why Palm would get rid of such a useful feature.

Anyone else notice any 1.1 features missing from 1.2, particularly features that make productivity/efficiency much easier but any will do.