Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    is there more to this article?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    And why is that ? To become a developer with palm the instructions are laid out clearly and had no problem getting access.... Checking account is required so you can receive and transfer money you receive to your bank account. So im not seeing the issue
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I don't see the issue in becoming a developer. Becoming verified in PayPal is pretty frickin easy!
    Ah, but you all forget, people like to complain.
    Was that the same guy who would not fix his calculator from rounding up to the next dollar and said anyone who wanted it fixed was too cheap?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I have had the same problem though. I have been trying to get mine in the catalog since mid August, and they have changed the process every 2 weeks or so. (at first all files had to be emailed, then uploaded, then AppID changed, then version number had to be less than 1.0.0, than the new ecommerce site, version number at least 1.0.0, now queued for review) This is after a month and a half with no forward progress. It IS frustrating for a developer who dumped a ton of time into an app who wants to give it away for free...You people enjoy all of the free Apps, and then are so quick to jump on those of us who are trying to give away our time. Have a little sympathy.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Was that the same guy who would not fix his calculator from rounding up to the next dollar and said anyone who wanted it fixed was too cheap?
    CORRECT.
    maybe we need a free app publisher... Precentral?

maybe use it as a advertising stint. We have a good beta catalogue and a fair share of testers.... Webos publishers.. Hmmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    I have had the same problem though. I have been trying to get mine in the catalog since mid August, and they have changed the process every 2 weeks or so. (at first all files had to be emailed, then uploaded, then AppID changed, then version number had to be less than 1.0.0, than the new ecommerce site, version number at least 1.0.0, now queued for review) This is after a month and a half with no forward progress. It IS frustrating for a developer who dumped a ton of time into an app who wants to give it away for free...You people enjoy all of the free Apps, and then are so quick to jump on those of us who are trying to give away our time. Have a little sympathy.
    All of this is basically Palm getting swamped with apps. This is a good thing. I have confusion over the < or > 1.0.0 version as well. A single email to my handler and it was answered. Either is fine right now, the > 1.0.0 was just in the Pay Catalog info without thought of the previous process.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    maybe we need a free app publisher... Precentral?

maybe use it as a advertising stint. We have a good beta catalogue and a fair share of testers.... Webos publishers.. Hmmmm....
    Precentrals app catalog is great for beta testing and trying out new features,etc. But I truly want to push products to the masses (so people can use software without any technical knowledge.) For example, with 1.2, you can not currently use WebOS Quick Install, so you cannot install preware, filecoaster,e tc...if you didn't have it. This is a hassle. My Palm rep used to be very responsive and very promising. My app was originally supposed to go into the beta catalog at the end of August. And then a week later, then etc...And now I haven't heard anything for some time. I don't want to complain, I just think it's frustrating when you are in grad school, have a family, full time job, and write software to give away for free to people, and you can't get your stuff pushed through.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps