1.    #1  
    The new download in browser is sweet, but it never downloads files from Blackboard. Any students/IT guys who use webOS and use Blackboard at their university experiencing the same thing?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i use blackboard from my pre a lot. i had the download in browser tweak with quick install and it worked but i havent tried with 1.2 but i would assume it would work the same.
  3.    #3  
    it must be my phone then, because I used the previous browser tweak and i had the same problem.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    were they in the document list in the doc view application? i was just using it to download office documents i needed and after it downloaded they were there when i open doc view. i dont know why it didnt work for you.
  5.    #5  
    whenever I try to download one, the download bar appears in the browser, but i get an error when I try to load the file from there, and it doesn't appear in the docview list.
    I've only tried to download a PDF... it downloads without a problem but when attempting to open I get an error message:

!!! Error !!!
    PDF View has encountered an error.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Error Message:
    Render document failed
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I've only tried to download a PDF... it downloads without a problem but when attempting to open I get an error message:

!!! Error !!!
    PDF View has encountered an error.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Error Message:
    Render document failed
    That's the same error I get. And when I plug my pre into my computer and find the file, the file size is always 1.5 kB, no matter what the actual file size should be. Do downloads work from other websites for you? every website works for me except for blackboard. but it's the one I need most
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    That's the same error I get. And when I plug my pre into my computer and find the file, the file size is always 1.5 kB, no matter what the actual file size should be. Do downloads work from other websites for you? every website works for me except for blackboard. but it's the one I need most
    I can download from precentral... its the only place I've tried.

I'll look more closely into it over the next few days...

- Did you try copying the link into filecoaster and see if it downloads?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    yeah i use it to and it seems like the dang thing is always down lol, but i am able to download (when i used the hack) but i was unable to open it..idk why i just always got a blank screen.
  10.    #10  
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem with Blackboard. Now we just need to find someone who can fix it for us.
    I am having the exact same problem when trying to open or save a file with my palm pre via blackboard. I get error (Doc View has encountered an error. We apologize for the inconvienience. Error message: opening document failed.) often Im in class and need the doc now, therefore, my work around is using RemoteWin to access the files. RemoteWin is located under apps at Precentral.net. I will uses RemoteWin to access blackboard and the file then email it to an account I can access on my phone. From here I can can download the file via E-mail without error. lol, I know this is kind of hillbilly but this is the only way I have been able to get the file from using my phone only. (lets keep the problem solving going, If anyone has any real possible fixes for this issue please post them here.)