Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

    I have read through the recent posts since 1.2 and haven't heard anyone, or anything on voice dial (perhaps you have a different name for it)?

    Anyway here in Toronto (and I am sure a lot of States) there is either a law or a new one coming out that prohibits the use of a cell phone without a headset while driving.

    This same law also prohibits the use of PDA's, I-Pods, TV's, DVD Players, and any other screen operated devices while drivng a motor vehicle, so why is there not an update for voice dialing on the Pre?

    I keep seeing posts (while important to others I'm sure), about things that just don't make sense? So you can't take a video with your phone, who cares, you make more calls than videos I'm sure?

    Not picking on those people who want video as I understand the disappointment in not getting an update for the toy that you wanted most, and at the risk of sounding like a cry baby, where the heck is voice dial?

    Hello Palm are you listening?? Lean in a little closer........okay I am down on my knees with hands held in a praying motion........please, oh please come out with a voice dial update......pretty please.....pretty please with sugar on top.....well I'm sure you know how the rest of the begging goes!
  2. #2  
    I absolutely agree with you Red... I have been hoping for Voice Dial too. Its the only thing that almost kept me from upgrading from my Treo 800 and that had voice dial. I do miss having it. I sent Palm feedback about having them include it in a future update.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  3. #3  
    been waiting for this one too. This is totally off base from this post, but I've also wanted to see visual voice mail as well!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdbenoit View Post
    I absolutely agree with you Red... I have been hoping for Voice Dial too. Its the only thing that almost kept me from upgrading from my Treo 800 and that had voice dial. I do miss having it. I sent Palm feedback about having them include it in a future update.
    I too went to the Palm feedback section and asked them to come out with this soon.

    I really like the phone and won't get rid of it because of this problem, but I am warning friends and family to avoid the Pre at this point since a large percentage of us spend the majority of our days on the road seeing clients and with the new law coming into play here very, very soon, it is just a ticket waiting to happen.

    Perhaps if enough of us leave feedback on the Palm webiste, they may come out with this sooner rather than later.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by steelshadow View Post
    been waiting for this one too. This is totally off base from this post, but I've also wanted to see visual voice mail as well!
    Visual voice mail would be a HUGE bonus, but for the quick fix I would take voice dial.

    I'm okay with baby steps! LOL......
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    I too went to the Palm feedback section and asked them to come out with this soon.

    I really like the phone and won't get rid of it because of this problem, but I am warning friends and family to avoid the Pre at this point since a large percentage of us spend the majority of our days on the road seeing clients and with the new law coming into play here very, very soon, it is just a ticket waiting to happen.

    Perhaps if enough of us leave feedback on the Palm webiste, they may come out with this sooner rather than later.
    We all have had this discussion from day 1 on 6/6. it is a glaring omission I have to agree. Hopefully more canadians and europeans will chime in as well as they get this wonderful phone and realize that Voice Dial is missing...
  7. Ytalian's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #7  
    I miss that about my blackberry. I was able to voice dial. it's so nice while you are driving to be able to say "call home" and it dials for you and your eyes never leave the road. here is missouri i'm sure they are going to be inacting the same law that California does of hands free driving. It only makes sense and it's a safety issue also. LISTEN UP PALM!!!!! (ESPECIALLY SINCE PALM IS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA THEY SHOULD BE WELL AWARE OF THIS LAW)
  8. #8  
    I am starting to think that Palm hasn't addressed this issue because maybe there is a third-party solution that will be available very soon with pay apps going live. After all, Palm OS didn't have native voice dialing but there were several third party apps. Here's for being optimistic...
  9. #9  
    In total agreement...my Instinct had voice dialing, visual voicemail, and video...!!! I was sure they would have at least announced that they have people working on the software needed for this one and only OS we have. It has to be done, without voice dialing they are losing customers who absolutely require this feature. Im in MA and we can still crash our cars while dialing, but not for long...Where can we voice this so they will hear it? (No pun intended) haha
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Im in MA and we can still crash our cars while dialing, but not for long...Where can we voice this so they will hear it? (No pun intended) haha
    Here is the link to the Palm feedback section, just simply fill in the blanks and with fingers crossed Palm will do the rest.

    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    Perhaps if we all send them something, they will get to it quicker??

Posting Permissions