1.    #1  
    I've noticed since the 1.2 update that swiping down into the gesture area to close the launcher is broken. Swiping up closes the launcher just like it opens it but I liked the ability to swipe down. I'm assuming this was removed to accommodate the menu swiping.

Anyone else getting this?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am too.
    It was removed on purpose. Too many people closing it on accident when all they wanted to do was scroll down. Swipe up opens and closes.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    It was removed on purpose. Too many people closing it on accident when all they wanted to do was scroll down. Swipe up opens and closes.
    I guess they should watch where their fingers were going. I never had a problem with it. Seems stupid to swipe up to close the launcher when it "falls" down into the gesture area.

I hope someone can patch this because I'd like to have it back.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Then why do you all think they got rid of the swipe down to temporarily close notifications? I really liked that feature.
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who misses swiping notifications down when i don't want to dismiss them altogether.
    This was my biggest disappointment with the removed changes....Who would want to leave it open and scroll anyways???
    Say thanks when you're helped
    This feature was the ****! I hate closing the launcher now.
    I hope a tweak comes out that lets us change it back.
    I'd like the down swipe back too. I never had any problems accessing the menus by tapping the top left corner.
    never noticed that feature so I don't miss it. You guys have to remember that with each update functionality will evolve. The more popular features will stay or get better while the "I had no idea you could do that" features will fade away. Just my .02
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who misses swiping notifications down when i don't want to dismiss them altogether.
    Unfortunately I didn't know this feature existed until I had upgraded to 1.2. Seems like it would have been pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by blends View Post
    never noticed that feature so I don't miss it. You guys have to remember that with each update functionality will evolve. The more popular features will stay or get better while the "I had no idea you could do that" features will fade away. Just my .02
    I think a lot of people used this function and I know I am one who sorely misses it. Swipe up again to close isn't intuitive, but I can see how it would get in the way of a swipe down for the menu options.
    Quote Originally Posted by nopreoreo View Post
    Then why do you all think they got rid of the swipe down to temporarily close notifications? I really liked that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't know this feature existed until I had upgraded to 1.2. Seems like it would have been pretty sweet.

I think a lot of people used this function and I know I am one who sorely misses it. Swipe up again to close isn't intuitive, but I can see how it would get in the way of a swipe down for the menu options.

FYI swiping up does the same thing swiping down used to do
    Um, we know that.

We just liked it the old way better.
    the launcher doesn't disappear now either - am i crazy? didn't the launcher used to disappear?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    the launcher doesn't disappear now either - am i crazy? didn't the launcher used to disappear?
    Yep, and nope.
    well i guess i am crazy! i know you used to be able to drag the launcher up as it curved around a bit and it doesn't do that anymore!
    never used the downswipe. always swiped from the bottom to open and close the launcher