Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79
  1.    #1  
    just curious to know if I am the only person who is dissappointed with this update so far???? I mean come on really 2 and a half months for that??????
    app load time is still slow as hell
    photos in photo roll still take 5 seconds to focus
    lag when scrolling quickly is still there
    phone signal still seems to be jumping all over the place
    still no video recorder
    all that time and itunes sync was not even repaired
  2. #2  
    i kno how u feel apple is ballin... palm is jus shooting briccs
  3. #3  
    ya also no frickin message forwarding! ***
  4.    #4  
    maybe someone needs to start a thread about all of the features that were not added
    this phone is turning out to be one big let down after another
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    maybe someone needs to start a thread about all of the features that were not added
    this phone is turning out to be one big let down after another
    You just did!
  6. #6  
    Of course, if you'd been following the development of 1.2 and the constant stream of news leaks, you might not have been so disappointed. No one who's been reporting on 1.2 expected the features you mentioned to make an appearance.

    It's okay to be disappointed in slow new feature rollout, but I'd say that Palm is progressing much faster than other companies have, as far as patches and new OS versions are concerned.

    iPhone ownders had to wait 2 years for copy/paste, MMS, and a video camera ... So I'd hold off till June 2011 before you go bashing Palm in the name of Apple if your new features don't appear by then.
  7.    #7  
    well its official then this is the place to list all of web os 1.2 shortcomings
  8. #8  
    someone call the waaambulance.
  9.    #9  
    why must you people keep comparing a phone to a phone that came out 3 years ago????
    if palm is going to sell a phone for the exact same price as a phone that is 3 years ahead of it technology wise than you have to be able to compete with that phone. it is not my fault as a consumer that palm is unable to compete with what is on the market in 2009 and hardly able to compete with a phone from 2006! and to answer the next pre ****** comment no i can not buy an iphone but only because it is not offered on the sprint network i already spent 3 months on att's network when they were cingular and opted to pay the contract cancellation fee to get out of that nightmare and go back to sprint who i have been with for nearly 10 years. but if sprint had the iphone i like most would ditch this pos in a heartbeat!
  10. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    why must you people keep comparing a phone to a phone that came out 3 years ago????
    if palm is going to sell a phone for the exact same price as a phone that is 3 years ahead of it technology wise than you have to be able to compete with that phone. it is not my fault as a consumer that palm is unable to compete with what is on the market in 2009 and hardly able to compete with a phone from 2006! and to answer the next pre ****** comment no i can not buy an iphone but only because it is not offered on the sprint network i already spent 3 months on att's network when they were cingular and opted to pay the contract cancellation fee to get out of that nightmare and go back to sprint who i have been with for nearly 10 years. but if sprint had the iphone i like most would ditch this pos in a heartbeat!
    i wish that 16 year olds could not make threads.

  11. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Of course, if you'd been following the development of 1.2 and the constant stream of news leaks, you might not have been so disappointed. No one who's been reporting on 1.2 expected the features you mentioned to make an appearance.

    It's okay to be disappointed in slow new feature rollout, but I'd say that Palm is progressing much faster than other companies have, as far as patches and new OS versions are concerned.

    iPhone ownders had to wait 2 years for copy/paste, MMS, and a video camera ... So I'd hold off till June 2011 before you go bashing Palm in the name of Apple if your new features don't appear by then.
    That is a nice analogy, but a weak comment. You can't keep using that comment. That was in the past. Palm needs to learn from its past as well as its competitor's past. Full copy and paste should be in the phone, period. Forwarding text should be in the phone, period. I know Palm is a small company and are trying the best they can with this new OS, but some things should be a given. Most Pre owners come from Treos and Centros. They had these features in that phone, so it should have carried over into this phone.

    People have a right to be disappointed. However, if someone truly does not like how the phone is progressing, there are other options. Use them
  12. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #12  
    Some people just never get satisfied.
  13. #13  
    Any performance improvements in calendar?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  14.    #14  
    jewel pre central member since april 2 months before the pre was released comes on every negative post about his precious little boy just to defend it can you say F A N B O Y
  15. #15  
    I'll thank everyone to read my post a bit more carefully. I'm not saying it's excusable to release a device on par with the first gen iPhone in 2009. I'm saying the Pre is being updated more frequently than the iPhone was, and that's a good sign that we'll soon be seeing even more improvements.

    As for the OP: well, you have a few worthwhile gripes, but your tone is all wrong and the call for a "waaaaahhhhhhmbulance" is well suited to this thread. No phone is perfect, and some phones are missing things that some users find inexcusable. For me, that feature is multitasking, which iPhone still doesn't have and which is why I dumped it for the Pre. For others it's ... Text forwarding. Different strokes. But truthfully, you're just whining for the sake of whining. Which is annoying. Sorry that Sprint doesn't have an iPhone. Sorry that T-Mobile doesn't have a BB Storm. I mean, what're you trying to accomplish here?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Any performance improvements in calendar?
    Several but the main one is it loads data about 50% faster.
    Last edited by rc46; 09/28/2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  17.    #17  
    VCI how did you own an iphone 3gs before you had the pre when the 3gs came out 2 weeks after the pre?? if it was an iphone 3g that you owned than you are comparing apples to oranges! the biggest argument i hear for the pre is the homebrew apps if i am not mistaken iphones can also be hacked it is called jailbreaking and I have heard rumors of jailbroken iphones multitasking, hmmmm.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    just curious to know if I am the only person who is dissappointed with this update so far???? I mean come on really 2 and a half months for that??????
    app load time is still slow as hell
    photos in photo roll still take 5 seconds to focus
    lag when scrolling quickly is still there
    phone signal still seems to be jumping all over the place
    still no video recorder
    all that time and itunes sync was not even repaired

    < >
    Dunno what you're all crying about. My iTunes works just fine, 'course I disabled the auto-update for the PC software when it was announced that updates to the desktop would break the sync.

    Also a LOT faster in response when I touch the screen. The unlock is much more accurate, "etcetera, etcetera, etcetera," to quote The King and I!

    Get over it already! Palm is in a semi-legal battle with Apple right now. While the USB may not technically have any legal jurisdiction, they are just trying to cover their proverbial **** and make certain that whatever they do won't come back to byte all of us in the ****.

    Anyone notice that the Palm Apps, while still in BETA, has lots more of 'em to choose from?

    Now on to put my battery percentage back onto the device and remove Nascar once again, and I'll be happy!

    How about a , in stead of to Palm's developers for once . . .

    A life-long devote to Palm, well thought-out operating systems and developers who work their off while they hit their heads against a trying to please all of you

    How about finding something nice to say instead of *****ing all the time.





    < / end >
  19. #19  
    I'm not disappointed since i didn't expect much from 1.2 as many changes were known already.

    That said, I'm most concerned with issues like the poor media player and sync with added google calenders, autocorrect, and some other issues. nice that they added some copy and paste thought. that's high on my list. But sadly the things that interest me are at the top of my list but not at the top of Palm's. For example considering the roll the ipod had in being the foundation for the iphone there is no way i'd release anything other then a top notch music player in my Pre. But that's just my opinion. Luckily there's music player remix to hold me over. But, at this point i'm not mad or anything. I don't have a rant or anything. i'm just resigned to the fact that the most important stuff to me is not likely the most important to palm and if it get's fixed anytime soon i'll be lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagonettech View Post
    My iTunes works just fine, 'course I disabled the auto-update for the PC software ...
    Anyone notice that the Palm Apps, while still in BETA, has lots more of 'em to choose from?

    Now on to ... and remove Nascar once again
    +1 there. don't know what everyone *****es about with itunes. i'm got nothing against itunes but there are old versions readily downloadable. they should still work. people should just use those. Go away Nascar app.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 09/28/2009 at 09:40 PM.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    VCI how did you own an iphone 3gs before you had the pre when the 3gs came out 2 weeks after the pre?? if it was an iphone 3g that you owned than you are comparing apples to oranges! the biggest argument i hear for the pre is the homebrew apps if i am not mistaken iphones can also be hacked it is called jailbreaking and I have heard rumors of jailbroken iphones multitasking, hmmmm.
    1) I never claimed to own a 3GS, nor did I even mention the 3GS in either of my posts above. Put down the cocktail.

    2) The distinction between the 3GS and 3G is irrelevant to the points being discussed here. Keep track of what you're arguing.

    3) I also never mentioned homebrew as an incentive to choose Pre over iPhone. I don't know why you keep bringing up additional "shortcomings" without addressing anyone else's valid rebuttals.

    At the end of the day, you want an iPhone, but can't afford an ETF or for some reason can't go back to AT&T. Well, sorry for ya, but no one cares.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions