Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    All i wanted from 1.2, which was shown in the leaked videos, was the blinking light when you have a notification... why did they get rid of that?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ^ That is what i wanted too
    As the age old saying goes...

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I've got faith in the people over at Palm, and I am quite happy with how this phone is progressing. Keep up the good work everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    All i wanted from 1.2, which was shown in the leaked videos, was the blinking light when you have a notification... why did they get rid of that?
    They didn't get rid of it. It was never announced it would be added.
    I *STILL* want WiFi Proxy support! The Pre cannot be considered a business enterprise-ready device until it has that! Many corporate LANs/WANs use proxy servers to protect/filter network traffic. Since I added the company certificate, I can get my Pre onto the wireless LAN at my job, but I cannot actually do anything without the proxy support! Come on, Palm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    iPhone ownders had to wait 2 years for copy/paste, MMS, and a video camera ... So I'd hold off till June 2011 before you go bashing Palm in the name of Apple if your new features don't appear by then.
    god,enough with the comparison to how long apple took,this excuse is so played out man.i didnt have to wait 6-7 years ago for message forwarding.all the basics are old tech,old tech that palm has clearly chosen to leave out.and when you consider the fact that many people here have already fixed alot of basics and then some,it is disappointing that palm chose to leave out existing scripts from the update.heres an idea,they should of used the new copy and paste feature,and copy and pasted alot of stuff from webos internals into the dam update.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Fire_Mission- View Post
    As the age old saying goes...

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I've got faith in the people over at Palm, and I am quite happy with how this phone is progressing. Keep up the good work everyone.
    the majority of its progress has been here.this phone would suck without quilt or webos quickinstall,and you all know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    As the person who made the video, I never claimed that it was enabled by default. In fact I quite clearly said that it was a modification that had to be made to the Pre's files and that the feature is currently commented out. If you want it that badly, either edit the two files (all you have to do is remove a few //, /*, */ in one file, and remove a few <!-- and --> marks in the other and it's been clearly stated how to do that already), or wait for Quick Install or Preware to be able to patch it.
    OK...flame me if you want, but I'm far more disappointed with the OP's spelling, grammar, and punctuation than I am with the 1.2 update.

To each his own, I suppose...
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Any performance improvements in calendar?
    Yes, it's significantly/noticeably faster.

Unlike my previous phones (Palm Treos, etc), I rarely used my Tre calendar because it was so slow. Now, it is not bad. I hope they are able to make it a tad faster in future updates, but it's at least usable now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    What a bunch of whiners. You guys should be ECSTATIC that Palm is actively engaged and communicative as the PRE goes through its growing pains. You want something to make you feel better, go hang out in the Blackberry Storm forums where they've had only two official and very weak updates with NO new features: .65 to .75 to .148, since the phone was released almost a year ago, where RIM is all but deaf and mute to their users and where the users have to scramble and beg for buggy leaked OS's and then "hybridize" the leaked OS's to compensate for all the bugs.

You don't know how good you've got it over here. As soon as Verizon gets the Pre, I'll be dumping the Storm and joining you.
    The storm has everything already. What new features do you need on the storm? Everything that every one is "whining" about is already on every major phone out there. This thread is for everybody to voice there opinions on what they feel is still missing from the phone. If you are in love completely with this phone then start a thread for that. If you do not have a complaint then don't post in this thread.

enough said
    Search search and search some more people, the blinking notification hack is already posted.
    I may "whine", but I still love this phone. The wow factor of this phone is amazing. You pull this phone out and start texting at a get together, and it turns heads.
    Love the phone. Very disappointed with Palm's software updates/ support. I think it will prevent the Pre from really becoming a major player.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I don't really have any allegiance to any phone... I'm just a business oriented user. That being said, the fact that Palm still hasn't added notification light, is ****ing me off.

That and some speed issues (lag in scrolling etc) are my biggest complaints. No biggie really, i change phones once a year anyway. Just have to wait until the next big thing drops.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am really enjoying the phone but after someone commented about flash 10 my hopes spiked

I have noticed a massive improvement on my battery - moderate use reduced my battery only 27% over 6 hours!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i got 2 words for you...........

GO HERO
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm very happy with 1.2. It is a good solid Maintenance update that fixed quite a few of the biggest issues that people were complaining about. I really wouldn't expect much feature content until Palm puts out a feature release. (Like 2.0) The only thing wrong with 1.2 was that it was so long in coming, but I suspect that has a lot to do with the iTunes games.

This is just the way the software industry works. Take a look at the iPhone for example. The point releases fix problems, the 'dot-oh' release have all the features.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    As the person who made the video, I never claimed that it was enabled by default. In fact I quite clearly said that it was a modification that had to be made to the Pre's files and that the feature is currently commented out. If you want it that badly, either edit the two files (all you have to do is remove a few //, /*, */ in one file, and remove a few <!-- and --> marks in the other and it's been clearly stated how to do that already), or wait for Quick Install or Preware to be able to patch it.
    Ah I see, sorry the youtube video was loading extremely slow when I saw it and I just saw the lights and how you did it and didn't bother watching the rest.

My mistake.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'd say the 1.2 update has an acceptable list of fixes/changes. I didn't expect a great calendar or blinking notifications or true universal/global search or categorized Memos or many other features in Palms old phones in 1.2, I expected them in 1.0! I'm ducking, but I'm also serious.

As always ... the Palm community will make a solid base product from Palm do what we need it to do.

Thanks to all of you homebrewers and 3rd party app developers!

to you!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast