Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1.    #21  
    keep track of what you are arguing here! never said i could not go back to att i said that their service sucked so i paid the $400 dollars to buy out of the contract and go back to the service provider that i left with that said no i am not going back to them. as far as sticking on topic with the post the original post was about finding if i was the only person disappointed with the update and then a bunch of pre f a n b o y s came on here bashing me like a bunch of t r o l l s so my friend please! you put down the cocktail
  2. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I'll thank everyone to read my post a bit more carefully. I'm not saying it's excusable to release a device on par with the first gen iPhone in 2009. I'm saying the Pre is being updated more frequently than the iPhone was, and that's a good sign that we'll soon be seeing even more improvements.

    As for the OP: well, you have a few worthwhile gripes, but your tone is all wrong and the call for a "waaaaahhhhhhmbulance" is well suited to this thread. No phone is perfect, and some phones are missing things that some users find inexcusable. For me, that feature is multitasking, which iPhone still doesn't have and which is why I dumped it for the Pre. For others it's ... Text forwarding. Different strokes. But truthfully, you're just whining for the sake of whining. Which is annoying. Sorry that Sprint doesn't have an iPhone. Sorry that T-Mobile doesn't have a BB Storm. I mean, what're you trying to accomplish here?
    I hope this isn't in reference to my reply to your post. .


    The purpose of my comment is say your argument of "it took Iphone 3 years to add copy/past" is not a good argument to use.

    It is true that their updates are more frequent than other OS. This is partly because Palm rushed the release of the Pre. They had to launch before July. Also, they wanted to launch before the new Iphone.
  3. #23  
    I yield. Hope your experience with the Pre gets better. If it doesn't, Ilm sure we'll all hear about it.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

    iPhone ownders had to wait 2 years for copy/paste, MMS, and a video camera ... So I'd hold off till June 2011 before you go bashing Palm in the name of Apple if your new features don't appear by then.
    Here here, VCI_CELL!

    No, v1.2.0 did not have everything I wanted, but I am an adult, not a child, so I can deal with minor disappointment.

    That being said... v1.2.0 did indeed have quite a few goodies that I wanted:


    • Being able to select a Google contact from within Sprint Navigation
    • Being able to download from the web browser.
    • Calendar, which was UNUSABLY slow, is now acceptable
    • Getting at the "Application Menu" and "Connection Menu" is MUCH easier with "drag from top" instead of the "tap in the PRECISELY right spot or you're SOL!"
    • Being able to tap a phone number in Calendar to dial it
    • Speeding up of the Phone App
    • Adding the phone # next to "Work" or Home" in Phone app when on a call
    • Backing up nightly of my browser Bookmarks and History (that's a HUGE one!!)
    • Capability of sending contact info to others easily
    • LinkedIn addition
    • Text selection and copy/paste thereof in email, browser, etc.
    • Additional graphics format support in Photos
    • Pasting text for Universal Search
    • Confirmation in notification that says "Selection Copied" when using "Gesture - C" (I love that one!)
    • Zooming in when you tap a text field in browser

    For an upgrade that is NOT an integer upgrade, (hell, not even an x.5 upgrade!), those are a LOT of additional features!!

    v1.x software is ALWAYS lacking. That's what v1.x is all about: figuring out what the users want that you didn't think of in alpha and beta. Palm is doing pretty damn well!

    Palm, if you're reading, these are some of the things I'm grateful for in v1.2.0!!
  5. darkstarx's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #25  
    Blinking LED notification was all I wanted. My Treo 650 and my Mogul had it. It can't be that hard. Ok Hombrew, code is built in, make an easy app! I'll pay you!
  6. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    keep track of what you are arguing here! never said i could not go back to att i said that their service sucked so i paid the $400 dollars to buy out of the contract and go back to the service provider that i left with that said no i am not going back to them. as far as sticking on topic with the post the original post was about finding if i was the only person disappointed with the update and then a bunch of pre f a n b o y s came on here bashing me like a bunch of t r o l l s so my friend please! you put down the cocktail
    Sure there are a lot of prefanboys/girls on this site, but look at the name of the site.

    I don't consider myself a pre-******. The Pre is nice, but it has its shortcomings. Every new phone/device does. If you really don't like the Pre, you can switch to another phone instead of busting your veins talking about how you hate the Pre.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    just curious to know if I am the only person who is dissappointed with this update so far????
    No you are not. A lot of us are
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post

    I mean come on really 2 and a half months for that??????
    app load time is still slow as hell
    photos in photo roll still take 5 seconds to focus
    lag when scrolling quickly is still there
    phone signal still seems to be jumping all over the place
    still no video recorder
    all that time and itunes sync was not even repaired
    The phone is still new and a work in progress. This is new territory for Palm. A brand new operating system will have its kinks. Its just growing pains. I agree that somethings should have been added from the start. However, we all had 30 days to try the phone. If you did not like it within that 30 days, then you should have switched to something else.

    As far as what I use it most for, multitasking, it performs great and is the chief reason I got the phone.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarx View Post
    Blinking LED notification was all I wanted. My Treo 650 and my Mogul had it. It can't be that hard. Ok Hombrew, code is built in, make an easy app! I'll pay you!
    Palm already wrote the code. It is in v1.2. It is just turned off. I've already turned mine on and my Pre is blinking like a fool!

    I'd bet money that Jason Robitaille will include it in webOS Quick Install in the "tweaks" section within the week!

    Be patient, young grasshopper!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    ...and then a bunch of pre f a n b o y s came on here bashing me like a bunch of t r o l l s so my friend please! you put down the cocktail
    You haven't "gone to the happy place" in quite some time, have you? ROFLMAO (when are these "shortcuts" going to get so long that it'll be quicker just to type out the actual words??)


    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 09/28/2009 at 09:24 PM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    all that time and itunes sync was not even repaired

    Over and over and over and over and over again, people here have been posting, in increasing methods of attention-grabbing font formats, that iTunes was NOT why they delayed the past couple weeks. (though, technically, it wasn't a delay, since it was never announced in the first place: just rumored)

    We clearly need a remedial reading and comprehension course here.
  10.    #30  
    i purchased my pre in the beggining of july and it was updated twice in 3 weeks which is the only reason i decided to keep the phone because it looked promising that palm was attempting to update the phone to make up for the early release. Not to sure about the rest of you but my cash flow is not unlimited so after dropping $450 on this phone i as a consumer should not have to drop another $500 dollars to get a new phone so no that is not an option. and as far as the itunes comment goes i never stated that as the reason for the delay but it is well known that the pre was released early to compete with the release of the iphone, if palm did not have the capability to quickly play catch up they should have held of on the release till the phone was ready rather than releasing an incomplete product for the same price as its superior competitor.
  11.    #31  
    i purchased my pre in the beggining of july and it was updated twice in 3 weeks which is the only reason i decided to keep the phone because it looked promising that palm was attempting to update the phone to make up for the early release. Not to sure about the rest of you but my cash flow is not unlimited so after dropping $450 on this phone i as a consumer should not have to drop another $500 dollars to get a new phone so no that is not an option. and as far as the itunes comment goes i never stated that as the reason for the delay but it is well known that the pre was released early to compete with the release of the iphone, if palm did not have the capability to quickly play catch up they should have held of on the release till the phone was ready rather than releasing an incomplete product for the same price as its superior competitor.
  12. #32  
    I am a little disappointed. I don't want to start any back and forth though so please don't try to flame me for my post. I just think that the phone should have video recording. This phone is a smart phone. All of my other phones had it. I love the multitasking and the overall look and feel of the phone, so I can be patient and wait for the recording. One other thing that I have had in all my other smart phones was being able to open a zip file from email. I get a lot of emails from work that are attached as a zip file. I have searched and I started a thread to see if anybody can build a zip reader to no avail. I can't believe that I am the only one that wants this feature in the phone. I don't want to go to another phone because the multitasking on the pre is so much better than any windows mobile phone I have used. Does anyone know of an app for zip files?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by lostshootingstar View Post
    someone call the waaambulance.
    Enough said!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    Enough said!
    Wow! Why is this world full of so many a**holes?

    p.s.
    enough said!
  15. #35  
    The fact is what is "so important" to some people just isn't to others. I personally could care less about video recording. I've had it on previous phones and I can guarantee I never used it once. I can see how it might be important to someone else though.

    We all have to keep in mind though that what's priority for one person isn't necessarily for another. I'm pretty pleased with the fact that updates keep coming and as long as they do I can be patient. The homebrew group has made it more than worth the wait.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    The fact is what is "so important" to some people just isn't to others. I personally could care less about video recording. I've had it on previous phones and I can guarantee I never used it once. I can see how it might be important to someone else though.

    We all have to keep in mind though that what's priority for one person isn't necessarily for another. I'm pretty pleased with the fact that updates keep coming and as long as they do I can be patient. The homebrew group has made it more than worth the wait.
    You are completely right, but just like like you said; you've had it on previous phones. Why not have it on sprints staple phone. A brand new state of the art phone. Forget the recording for now though. I need a zip reader. This is a business phone. I'm done complaining now because I believe that Jason is working on a rar and zip reader. Thanks for your feedback.
  17. #37  
    What a bunch of whiners. You guys should be ECSTATIC that Palm is actively engaged and communicative as the PRE goes through its growing pains. You want something to make you feel better, go hang out in the Blackberry Storm forums where they've had only two official and very weak updates with NO new features: .65 to .75 to .148, since the phone was released almost a year ago, where RIM is all but deaf and mute to their users and where the users have to scramble and beg for buggy leaked OS's and then "hybridize" the leaked OS's to compensate for all the bugs.

    You don't know how good you've got it over here. As soon as Verizon gets the Pre, I'll be dumping the Storm and joining you.
  18. Lucki's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #38  
    All i wanted was the blinking notification someone please make it into an homebrew app for easiness and for nubs like my self :d!
  19. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Any performance improvements in calendar?
    That's a big NEGATIVE from me. Calendar is still the same.
  20. #40  
    So is it best to not update to v1.2 ? And just keep v1.1 with all the tweaks. Or can one update to v1.2 and then put on all the tweaks. Thanks for your reply's.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions