1.    #1  
    Well its not so much a horror with the update. But my phone can't download the update!!!. I in middle pennsylvania Penn State and there is no highspeed connection...EVER. I clicked download and my phone just sits there

Is there anything I can do?

..I know about webosdoctor but im not sure how it works i don't wanna lose my pictures or linked contacts or ringtones or APPs
    Connect to Wifi and it'll download it.
    This ol' gag.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    hey yo i'm in penn state as well. there is no EVDO here at all so thats why you get no high speed. verizon gets the same slow 1x as us. but actually even via the wifi in my apartment i am getting 'unable to connect' on the upgrade screen. so who knows whats going on
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    hey yo i'm in penn state as well. there is no EVDO here at all so thats why you get no high speed. verizon gets the same slow 1x as us. but actually even via the wifi in my apartment i am getting 'unable to connect' on the upgrade screen. so who knows whats going on
    Try again later..don't give up, the system is overwhelmed and it is hard to get the update, but once you do... it is well worth the wait , keep trying.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobius42 View Post
    Connect to Wifi and it'll download it.
    I did not think of that. but now I have hope Im gonna go stand outside an apartment building and hope for the best lol

and yea penn state connection sucks but the verizon phones seem to go faster than my pre.
    It took 25 mins, serious heating up and a drive around the block to get my pre to download my palm profile after a webosdr install. I had to go to wifi to get the update. It clearly says you need high speed to update. I just happened to move to one block in the city with horrible sprint coverage
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  8.    #8  
    Walked to the closest japanese foot spot got some spicy teriyaki and downloaded the update :-)
  9. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    cant even connect to download it! whats really weird is im running the leaked version (webos1.2) an it still says theres a update!
    no wifi connection isnt the entire problem. I am on a 18mps connection (uverse) and it still wont download it. Guess they are a bit overwhelmed.
    I was unable to update until I rebooted my phone. I've heard other people's settings are messed up and it worked after they turned their phone of, removed the battery and rebooted but a plain old reboot worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    Well its not so much a horror with the update. But my phone can't download the update!!!. I in middle pennsylvania Penn State and there is no highspeed connection...EVER. I clicked download and my phone just sits there

Is there anything I can do?

..I know about webosdoctor but im not sure how it works i don't wanna lose my pictures or linked contacts or ringtones or APPs
    Yet another reason you all should've gone to Maryland.
  13. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    leaked build is 166! what is the new build?
  14. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    leaked build is 166! what is the new build?
    Build 171.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    At least you have time now to copy any photos/music files before anything happens to your phone. I did the 'crisp/clean' WebOS Dr to my phone.....forgot to copy my photos/ringtones! oops