Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is this update ever gonna be release... I mean, this is the second time they delayed it, now they say it will be out within this week... to me, I think it will never be release. But whats funny, is that on Sprint's support page, if you choose the Pre... there is this Alert message stating: "Advantage
    A new software update is available for your Palm® Pre™. Update your version now
    ." but when I click on the link, it only has 1.1.0 version... so strange... idk idk... I bet on anything it won't be out this week or next week, heck maybe not till end of October maybe!!! idk we will just have to wait... and wait... and wait and see
    in the grand scheme of things... a couple weeks is really not that big a deal
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    It will be out soon. Palm never officially announced it, so it is not technically delayed. It is only a rumor that it should be out.

Having said that, rumor has it that it will be out this week, since Sprint wanted to test the new updates on its network.
    Just calm down. I can see you have never programmed. Its alotta trial and error. Alot and I mean alot of testing. It takes time. We should be happy that we have already had 4 updates since june! I for one think palm is doing an excellent job.
    actually it was said it was supposed to be released last thursday but it was delayed because of sum security BS. i persnally am tired of these delays. they need to get it right the first time. theyve had months to fix these problems. just like theyve had years to get the palm pre right but still havent. i mean they can unblock the itunes sync in a matter of minutes but cant get simple things like security or copy and paste or even a dam text notification right!! palm needs to stop playing ****ing games and get with the program. get it done right the first time and stop playing with our heads dammit!!
    Angry much? lol

Willmays87, i feel your pain. I'm also tired of all the BS. Just give us the ability to do what any normal smartphone does and we will ALL be happy!
    yea i kno dont sit there and say "oh the new update will be out soon" i hate that. AND then they sit there and say its been delayed but the new itunes sync will be fixed! LIKE I GIVE A DAM ABOUT THAT!! that makes me so suspicious like that was the real reason it was delayed in the first place!! sorry just a lil upset lol. and then PPL wonder why we hack phones in the first place.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this is a new and unique thread.... there have never been any posted like this before! Thank you so much for bringing something new to the forums

oh wait
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....archid=9510905
    I mean, this is ridiculous. You guy are mad cause an internet rumor wasn't true. Booo hooo hooo.

You guys should've have picked a phone that has an os that wasn't brand new. That way you'd have all the stuff you claim every other smart phone has. Most of the rest of us, are more than willing to just chill out and enjoy our phones.....
    What i'm saying is this. I don't believe its right of palm to promise an I tunes sync to customers in there advertisements, even though I could care less about apple and itunes, because it does effect consumer opinion in buying a product, not necessarily you or I but it does effect some. I mean you can't parade the itunes feature on your own company homepage that has not worked for what, almost two weeks now!? That is truly misleading. Having said this could we as a community blast the palm support page to either send out and update for the itunes, in which case they are most likely going to send 1.2.1 out, or force them to stop advertising the pre to include I tunes sync because it affected buying decision. A sorta bluff to get what we want kind of deal. I mean if I pay for 20 channels and can only watch 19 due to some technical diffuculties for 2 weeks, even though I may not watch that 20th channel, I have the right to it since I paid for it and they advertised me being able to watch 20. What i'm saying we need a fix or be reimbursed in some way.
    1.2 will have the rectal thermometer hardware unlocked...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear50 View Post
    What i'm saying is this. I don't believe its right of palm to promise an I tunes sync to customers in there advertisements, even though I could care less about apple and itunes, because it does effect consumer opinion in buying a product, not necessarily you or I but it does effect some. I mean you can't parade the itunes feature on your own company homepage that has not worked for what, almost two weeks now!? That is truly misleading. Having said this could we as a community blast the palm support page to either send out and update for the itunes, in which case they are most likely going to send 1.2.1 out, or force them to stop advertising the pre to include I tunes sync because it affected buying decision. A sorta bluff to get what we want kind of deal. I mean if I pay for 20 channels and can only watch 19 due to some technical diffuculties for 2 weeks, even though I may not watch that 20th channel, I have the right to it since I paid for it and they advertised me being able to watch 20. What i'm saying we need a fix or be reimbursed in some way.
    LMFAO thank you I was in a poor mood untill i read this
    im tryin to install pre ware but in web os when it tells me to connect the pre i hit just charge and then hit ok it says no device detected

some1 tell me wat to do
    @ willmays87
    So what makes everything you say so simple? Copy paste is extrodanarily hard to implement upwards of 5 pages of code. You must call multiple compilers and then reserve memory to store it while it is waiting to be pasted. While on a computer this is simple They hhave more complex operating systems, more amounts of ram, and are more established. You say palm has had 2 years well windows came out with xp in the early 2000's and to this day are still updating glitches. Until you program an operating system or attempt to you really have no right to complain. I'm sorry if I sound like an ***** but it annoys me when people get upset that they are not releasing it when the rumor or sprint says,neither one of them is 'palm'. Even if they did delay it they re doing it to make the overall experience better with less hassle of a 10 min installion during which you are unable to use your phone. E
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    @ willmays87
    So what makes everything you say so simple? Copy paste is extrodanarily hard to implement upwards of 5 pages of code.
    wow, 5 pages, huh?

You must call multiple compilers and then reserve memory to store it while it is waiting to be pasted.
    you have to call multiple compilers? really?

While on a computer this is simple They have more complex operating systems, more amounts of ram, and are more established.
    yeah, cause linux and 256MB of ram aren't up to the task of cut and paste, right?
    I never once said linux could not handle it.... I know it can handle it without a problem
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I love the comments here. "I'm tired of the delays" and in the same breath, "Palm needs to get it right the first time". Well? Which one is it? You want something yesterday but you want it perfect. Sorry, I'm here to tell you that never happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
    I mean, this is ridiculous. You guy are mad cause an internet rumor wasn't true. Booo hooo hooo.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    im starting to think palm is in the 1980s still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lets go get an iphone!
    maybe 1.2 help op with some his broken engrish.....

JK OP.....lightening it up a bit.....
    I likey take apart thingies....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast