1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I am new at this.

Basically I need a step by step for the Doctor. First, do I hit the just charge? Should the phone be on or off when it's plugged in. There are no instructions for these basic questions probably because it typically works regardless. For me, however, the doctor keeps getting stuck on the "Checking System" screen. This is the part that can take up to an hour, right?

Now before you start thinking I'm an *****. (believe me, I'm thinking it)

My first pre went pretty well. Got the webOS Quick Install v2.03 working and Novacom etc on Vista64 even. File coaster, the whole works was going well until and then the phone had a hardware failure. So with Pre number two I have had nothing but problems. I started with using Quick Install v2.53 and immediately lost my Launcher after. Got it restored using Quick Restore and now have no email funtionality and the dialer history is inop. So I decided on the doctor. I've tried running it from Sprint and running it through the Quick Install. With the Dev on/off. Phone On/off. I'm just at a loss and am completely frustrated. I really don't want to return this phone after all the frustration of the first. Oh, by the way, the webOS is 1.1 but it was the same on my old pre.

Please Help.
    I've heard a few reports about the WebOSDr taking a long time, but I've used it 3 times, and all three times it was done in under 20 minutes, start to finish.

If you have novacom working on your desktop, but you're having trouble getting the WebOSDr to work, the very problems that are making you need the Dr may be keeping it from working.

Here's a VERY easy work around.

Turn your pre COMPLETELY off.

Plug it into your computer.

Hold the volume up button.

While holding the volume up button, power up your Pre.

Keep the volume up button held until you get a great big USB symbol filling the screen of your Pre.

Run the Dr.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Keep the volume up button held until you get a great big USB symbol filling the screen of your Pre.

Run the Dr.
    This was the key. Thanks VW.
    Glad I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Glad I could help.
    awww ur so nice lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->