Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Coming from an HTC Diamond I've come to a conclusion that I kinda miss tweaking. I'm itching to try out the leaked WebOS 1.2, but I'm not real comfortable rooting or bricking my beloved Pre. I've read mixed reviews of the dangers of putting it on my phone, and was wondering what I'm risking? Can't I just try it out and if it doesn't work, just flash back to 1.1? If the only danger is having to replace my contacts or reinstall programs, I'm willing to take that risk, but wanted to get some expert opinions first. Any thoughts?
    Why not save yourself the headache and wait until the official version is released next week? You'll have to go back to 1.1 then up to 1.2 if you want the official one anyway. Doesn't seem worth the effort to me at this point.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I had a feeling that would be the first reply. I guess I'm just a bit childish and wanna try it out now. That's why I'm asking what the real risk/headache is. If it only takes 15 mins to flash back to 1.1, doesn't seem that bad. But I could b totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
    Coming from an HTC Diamond I've come to a conclusion that I kinda miss tweaking. I'm itching to try out the leaked WebOS 1.2, but I'm not real comfortable rooting or bricking my beloved Pre. I've read mixed reviews of the dangers of putting it on my phone, and was wondering what I'm risking? Can't I just try it out and if it doesn't work, just flash back to 1.1? If the only danger is having to replace my contacts or reinstall programs, I'm willing to take that risk, but wanted to get some expert opinions first. Any thoughts?
    It seriously is really not that hard at all. Plus, you are correct. If it does not work you can always flash back to 1.1. The following post is what I did to stop the automatic updates. That is the way your phone is bricked and it is not that hard to disable.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1914537

My post immediately following the above post shows the exact process I went through to get it on my phone. Seriously, it is almost the easiest thing I have done to my phone. Here is the entire process I went through.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1914621
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    thanks for the response! I think youve convinced me. So do i need to install virtual box? or just the SDK?