1.    #1  
    How do you put video game emulators on phone such as super nes and ps3
    Quote Originally Posted by cobbinsm View Post
    How do you put video game emulators on phone such as super nes and ps3
    Currently, you need to really know Linux to get the old gaming system emulators working and they aren't perfect.

You will NEVER have a PS3 emulator on the Pre. The processing power is many times less than included in a PS3. Any videos you have seen with this are hoaxes posted onto YouTube to get attention.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    can you walk me through this?
    I can root, I am just not sure about the instructions
    thanks
    lol, ps3...

So, personally I'd just wait. I really wanted to do this a little bit ago, but the current solutions and work to result ratio is not very good...

Instead I'd like to see a cloud computing approach, personally, so you could have n64, ps1/2 and other emulators which barley work on a good computer be able to work on a mobile device.

Some expect that since a computer is so much more advanced it can play ps2 games since they are vastly inferior in graphics and processing. This isn't true though as each command has to be interpreted into something the computer can understand, increasing the amount of processing power dramatically... making it quite difficult to do anything worthwhile on a mobile device.

It's not impossible to get NES on the Pre, but you won't care for the results, especially on the amount of work you'd have to do (including writing a driver for the touchscreen/keypad), and SNES would probably result in disappointing performance.... sorry bud.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    lol, ps3...

So, personally I'd just wait. I really wanted to do this a little bit ago, but the current solutions and work to result ratio is not very good...

Instead I'd like to see a cloud computing approach, personally, so you could have n64, ps1/2 and other emulators which barley work on a good computer be able to work on a mobile device.

Some expect that since a computer is so much more advanced it can play ps2 games since they are vastly inferior in graphics and processing. This isn't true though as each command has to be interpreted into something the computer can understand, increasing the amount of processing power dramatically... making it quite difficult to do anything worthwhile on a mobile device.

It's not impossible to get NES on the Pre, but you won't care for the results, especially on the amount of work you'd have to do (including writing a driver for the touchscreen/keypad), and SNES would probably result in disappointing performance.... sorry bud.
    Actually the results of NES (FCEUX) are nice..

Nintendo - WebOS Internals