Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Ideally when WebOS 1.2.1 is released, I would like to use WebOSDoctor to wipe the Pre and apply 1.2.1. I know the Pre Backup Utility backs up contacts and account info as well as some App Catalog installed apps. But when I have used WebOSDoctor in the past it's wiped Call Logs and Chat Conversations.

Not really worried about pix, bookmarks, and music. I can recover those easily enough.

I have done a quick search of the linux subsystem and cannot find anything obvious as to where this info is stored.

I wouldn't mind creating a tar ball of it if I could just find where this info is stored.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    Ideally when WebOS 1.2.1 is released, I would like to use WebOSDoctor to wipe the Pre and apply 1.2.1. I know the Pre Backup Utility backs up contacts and account info as well as some App Catalog installed apps. But when I have used WebOSDoctor in the past it's wiped Call Logs and Chat Conversations.

Not really worried about pix, bookmarks, and music. I can recover those easily enough.

I have done a quick search of the linux subsystem and cannot find anything obvious as to where this info is stored.

I wouldn't mind creating a tar ball of it if I could just find where this info is stored.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.
    forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/187145-how-back-up-text-messages-when-exchanging-phones.html

check it out, haven't tried it but should help.