Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I have an idea for an app but I do not know enough about coding to make any progress.

This app would automatically change your phone's volume in certain predetermined locations or at certain times.

It would be useful for students or workers who must turn their phones on silent. The user could store their current location and a radius around that GPS point where the volume would be set to vibrate or loud or whatever they choose.

In addition, the user could have scheduled volume changes, like during a class block.

The Application could store multiple GPS locations and a calendar of when to change volumes.
    I was actually thinking of something similar today, an app that would automatically turn my phones sounds off when I'm at a predetermined location.

The only problem is in order to release it in the app store you have to adhere to published APIs which there are none available for this sort of thing.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    +1

I would definitely use and pay for this app!
    even just a timer. I go to classes everyday, so putting my phone on silent from 8am-3pm would be great. Sometimes I forget and have to deal with everyone staring at me when it goes off
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    even just a timer. I go to classes everyday, so putting my phone on silent from 8am-3pm would be great. Sometimes I forget and have to deal with everyone staring at me when it goes off
    +1

Even if it cant go into the APP store, at some point could it go to a release rev that is a for-pay app?

are there any plans for a place like precentral to perhaps help out those devs who want to produce apps that cant make it into the app store due to this API issue and provide a marketplace to distribute these apps?

Just an out-loud thought.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    could anybody take this and create a working app? it would be greatly appreciated even if it just changed the volume based on time

thanks!