1.    #1  
    We have a wifi network here at work, but I have to re-authenticate each time I open my phone, because the wifi radio disconnects when the Pre turns off.

So, is there some way to simplify this process? Something I could beg IT to do that would allow me to remain 'authenticated' while dropping off the wifi connection repeated through the day? I'm getting tired of re-logging into the auth page.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with a local wifi carrier. It's really annoying since you have to access a web page to authenticate
    Mark F Chinsky
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    I have the same problem with a local wifi carrier. It's really annoying since you have to access a web page to authenticate
    exactly, there has to be some way to setup something automatic that can just be tapped to connect..
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I have a similar situation at a hospital, but at the expense of battery life I use the homebrew app Timepiece to not allow the Pre to go to sleep. This way wifi stays connected. Also, if you have a touchstone and leave it on that, or even if you plug it into the wall or a computer, the wifi will stay on. Good luck!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    We have a wifi network here at work, but I have to re-authenticate each time I open my phone, because the wifi radio disconnects when the Pre turns off.

So, is there some way to simplify this process? Something I could beg IT to do that would allow me to remain 'authenticated' while dropping off the wifi connection repeated through the day? I'm getting tired of re-logging into the auth page.

Use the Nodoze AP. Works great and will keep the wifi connected even when the phone goes to sleep. I tested it for three days on and three days off with no difference in Battery usage. BTW, I always leave AIM running.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdawgmon View Post
    Use the Nodoze AP. Works great and will keep the wifi connected even when the phone goes to sleep. I tested it for three days on and three days off with no difference in Battery usage. BTW, I always leave AIM running.
    well hell... if the battery usage isnt different, I'll give it a go!