1.    #1  
    Ok, so I am a noob here if you didn't already notice. Anyway, if this topic has been discussed already then mods or admin feel free to close or move the topic, but when the suggestions came up I didn't see one that matched. I had a Palm Pre in the States when I was visiting for the summer, and it was great. I had a load of homebrew apps that I used just about everyday, but since it was just a loaner from my mother, when I left the precious Pre had to stay behind for obvious reasons. Now that the UK Pre on O2 is close to launch, I was wondering and I think it shouldn't be an issue, will the methods for getting homebrew apps work on the O2 Pre as well?
    Last edited by lunatickillareck; 09/23/2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: censorship
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatickillareck View Post
    Ok, so I am a noob here if you didn't already notice. Anyway, if this topic has been discussed already then mods or admin feel free to close or move the topic, but when the suggestions came up I didn't see one that matched. I had a Palm Pre in the States when I was visiting for the summer, and it was great. I had a load of homebrew apps that I used just about everyday, but since it was just a loaner from my mother, when I left the precious Pre had to stay behind for obvious reasons. Now that the UK Pre on O2 is close to launch, I was wondering and I think it shouldn't be an issue, will the methods for getting homebrew apps work on the O2 Pre as well?
    All of the WebOS Internals techniques, methods and homebrew applications are independent of CDMA vs GSM or the particular carrier you are using. So are just about all others from other developers (excluding obvious things like MyTether).

In fact, we even have confirmation from a Palm employee that the Preware application runs just fine on a Pixi ...

Now, tweaks and patches are a different matter. Those are webos version specific.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sweet! It works on a Pixi....gotta love it! BTW thanks for the differant color options in preware...it makes it look so much smoother with my ZomPre!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.