1.    #1  
    I love the Pre, but I am surprised that there is no voice activated dialing feature? There have been some other posts on this topic, but from the ones I've seen, there hasn't been a concerted effort or plea. Here it is ...

My OLD NEXTEL brick phone had voice activated dialing. While the Pre is incredible, I would argue this feature is sorely missing. So to you developers, I would guarentee if you make it, I will download it and probably even buy it. Having that feature with Voice memo would make the Pre complete in its utilities that would match other devices out there.

Thanks for reading.

Jim
    You don't know you have to throw money at developers, "probably buy"...that ain't gettin u nowhere. I'd PAY...up to $10 for that app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimabe View Post
    I love the Pre, but I am surprised that there is no voice activated dialing feature? There have been some other posts on this topic, but from the ones I've seen, there hasn't been a concerted effort or plea. Here it is ...

My OLD NEXTEL brick phone had voice activated dialing. While the Pre is incredible, I would argue this feature is sorely missing. So to you developers, I would guarentee if you make it, I will download it and probably even buy it. Having that feature with Voice memo would make the Pre complete in its utilities that would match other devices out there.

Thanks for reading.

Jim
    Jim,

That was one of the GLARING things missing when most of us bought it way back on 6/6. That's why you don't see it anymore. Trust me we discussed it ad naseum. The current SDK does not allow for it. Hopefully palm will release the next SDK with more options to add this and A/V codecs...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Jim,

That was one of the GLARING things missing when most of us bought it way back on 6/6. That's why you don't see it anymore. Trust me we discussed it ad naseum. The current SDK does not allow for it. Hopefully palm will release the next SDK with more options to add this and A/V codecs...
    Ahhh, so *that's* why no one has found a way to add vorbis support, eh?
    Thanks for that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Ahhh, so *that's* why no one has found a way to add vorbis support, eh?
    That is correct. That's why we don't have Core or Kimona also...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    The Sprint support page for the Palm Pre says it has VAD
    Sprint Service Details