1.    #1  
    Ok guys i need just a quick help. I'm no noob, but i just want to know how to get into the menu for editing the carrier string.

Here is what i'v done so far:

1. i have used putty to gain access to my root
    2. i have mounted as a read and write.
    3. i have inputted the command: vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

now as soon as i input that command, i need to know what to press to get to the edit menu so i can change my carrier string name.

i will also need to know how to save and exit.

thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Guys please it's urgent
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the link, but i'v already been to it. i need to know how to get to those specific lines indicated in the instructions. When i input this command: vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs, all i get is a copyright-looking document that will not let me type anything. I just want to know what to do next (what to type) as soon as i input that command.
  4.    #4  
    when it says go to line 446, do i manually type in the line?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Here is the intro to using Vi - you will see some quick shortcuts at the bottom...
    Linux Vi Editor

Next time, you can also try searching Google for info like that -it would've been faster since you seem to be in a rush... but this should help you IMMENSELY!