1.    #1  
    I tried searching for a similar issue but couldn't find one so here goes.

GTalk is really wonky/unreliable on my pre. Basically I can't be logged into it and on my pc at the same time like I could with my blackberry, Granted the BB is a native gtalk app, I've accepted that this just isn't possible.

The real issue is that I use the pc client at work as it is more convenient for me than the phone. I log out of gtalk on the pre and then log into gtalk on the pc. Everything is rainbows and smiles all day long. Now when I log off of the pc gtalk and into the pre, no message I send are received and I don't receive any from anyone. It doesn't say it failed or anything it all looks normal. Same for the people who send me a message. Only way to resolve it is to reboot my phone. So I've accepted that fate for now and reboot my phone everyday after work and that seems to work fine, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Final issue is the status colors for my gtalk contacts no longer update either. My wife is always showing as busy/unavailable even though she is set as available on her blackberry. And other people who set themselves as busy during the work day do not show up as such.

I'm hoping this is addressed in 1.2 but I doubt it. Let me know if anyone else has experienced anything like this.
  2.    #2  
    Wow guess I'm the only one, that kind of sucks.
    I stay connected with my home computer and phone all the time and have never had any issues. :-\ I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but it could possibly be your pc that's some how hi-jacking your gtalk account. Which client do you use?
    My G-talk doesn't work with wi fi.. There's definitely issues that im sure will be fixed.
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I stay logged into Gtalk on my netbook at home, at work, and on my phone.

I find that status dont update until you force the IM to refresh-IE: send a message, or open a conversation with that person.

I swap back and forth all day between my pre and my desktop in Gtalk. I get a message on my phone, reply on desktop, rinse lather repeat. IIRC there are ways to control how many concurrent logins you have within Gtalk? But I may not be remembering correctly, it happens occasionally
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Issue that I have with Gtalk on the Pre is that when an incoming call comes in, Gtalk disconnects, and the same if I am going to make a call, same thing. Being a data application should it not stay connected? Or is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

Any idea's?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Issue that I have with Gtalk on the Pre is that when an incoming call comes in, Gtalk disconnects, and the same if I am going to make a call, same thing. Being a data application should it not stay connected? Or is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

Any idea's?
    Quote Originally Posted by LexPreUser View Post

Any idea's?
    This is a limitation of the Sprint network.

If you are on Sprint's network, the data drops for the voice call.

The only way to have both concurrent voice and data on Sprint is to be connected via WiFi.

Hope this helps.
  9.    #9  
    you are correct, the only way data and voice can coexist on the pre is with wifi. Other than that you will be disconnected from gtalk every time. Oh and to answer the earlier question, I use the gtalk client that comes from google. I've gotten used to having to reboot my phone at the end of my work day but I'd obviously like to do without. I'm just hoping it is a bigger issue for more users, that way there is a greater chance of it being addressed in a future update.