Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. p4trickh's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've had my Palm Pre since a bout a week after launch and kind've figured myself to be a "Prexpert". I've tried just about every type of hack and mod ranging from easy stuff like Preware and FileCoaster to the more difficult stuff like manually editing config files and uploading replacement images using FTP. So I was surprised to find out such a simple feature in the Photo App that I have never used: Facebook/Photobucket upload. I'm sure most of you guys already knew about it, but I never noticed it, even though I email/MMS plenty of pics I just always ignored the upload option. Anyone else not know about this feature or am I a lone tard on this one?
  2. #2  
    I've known it since the week I got my Pre, but it is important to share knowledge about unknown features about the Pre such as this. I use it a few times a day so it is indeed a very nice feature.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3. #3  
    I hope they add more choices in the future such as flickr and imageshack. Photobucket is lame.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  4. superrad's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #4  
    But the thing i don't like about it is that when you upload to facebook using the upload feature in picture viewer, it doesnt allow you to write a subject, so it just uploads to facebook without any text. Unless i'm missing something.
  5. #5  
    I totally agree superrad. Seems kinda dumb to be able to upload a photo without being able to add a caption telling what it is.
  6. #6  
    This is cool, I never would have known about that, Thanks!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I hope they add more choices in the future such as flickr and imageshack. Photobucket is lame.
    ditto...and somehow make it auto-upload so it backs-up your photos since palm back-up doesn't (from what limited info I know).

    I used to have DashWire on my WinMo phone and it would back-up to their servers whenever data use was idle.
  8. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm still awaiting a multiple photo upload option so I can check which photos to upload at one time. That so far is the only major disappointment I have with the phone and lack of Facebook mobile app....obviously Friends Flow gives you status updates for your friends, but not near enough options for updating or uploading stuff for your profile

    Someone please figure out how to upload multiple photos for us! Why do we still not have this?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  9. #9  
    with flickr, you can create an email address in your flickr account to send photos to...then add that email to your contacts and name it flickr. next time your want to upload a pic, email to the flickr address, your done
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gthsii View Post
    with flickr, you can create an email address in your flickr account to send photos to...then add that email to your contacts and name it flickr. next time your want to upload a pic, email to the flickr address, your done
    When we say Flickr integration, I think I speak for all regarding batch uploads that are optimized for speed to the server. Most of us using Flickr know the email address thing.
  11. cfbauer's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    When we say Flickr integration, I think I speak for all regarding batch uploads that are optimized for speed to the server. Most of us using Flickr know the email address thing.
    I didn't!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I'm still awaiting a multiple photo upload option so I can check which photos to upload at one time. That so far is the only major disappointment I have with the phone and lack of Facebook mobile app....obviously Friends Flow gives you status updates for your friends, but not near enough options for updating or uploading stuff for your profile

    Someone please figure out how to upload multiple photos for us! Why do we still not have this?
    Umm.. while uploading to facebook, you can 'swipe' to another pic, and then upload it also. I've had many, many pics going 'up' at once.
  13. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #13  
    Batch uploading was the appropriate word to use for what I am waiting for. Yesterday I did the upload and swipe thing, and for a 'batch' of 50 some pics it took me probably 2 hours of getting like 5-6 to be pending, etc. Too much time to take when the option is already available for many other smart (way less smart) phones. My interest is a Facebook app to do this, but I think WebOS should just have it as an option for the different accounts one can have linked like Flickr etc.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  14. csquare's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by superrad View Post
    But the thing i don't like about it is that when you upload to facebook using the upload feature in picture viewer, it doesnt allow you to write a subject, so it just uploads to facebook without any text. Unless i'm missing something.
    I think you can email the photo to Facebook and you can write your caption in the "subject" line.

Posting Permissions