1.    #1  
    Hey Guys-

I tried searching and cannot find the best place to actually submit something and have it get noticed. Where is the best place for me to submit a bug or "issue" with Palm?

I hate having to open the palm to dial, so I do this sometimes...

1) I open the phone app (click normal phone from launcher)
    2) Click the Address Book icon in the upper right hand corner
    3) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of your contacts lists... see what happens

You are able to see the name of the person, but you cannot actually see the phone number to click and dial. This does not happen if you use the contacts app. Is this a known issue that has been reported or can someone advise?

Thanks -Matt
    Last edited by grandmastepre; 09/20/2009 at 02:35 AM.
    I'm not able to reproduce the problem.
    I've seen this happen with people having a bunch of numbers.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    so.... What happens? I just scrolled to the bottom of my contacts list
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Actually it works OK for me ... I can't see the problem. But I don't quite understand why you would ever do this. The contacts list from the dialer is *SO SLOW* that I never use it. It was painful to even try this and I only have a little over 100 contacts. Much better off just opening the Contacts app and dialing from there.

But re: where to report bugs ... I haven't seen any official place, but I suspect the best place is the forums on the Palm support site. There are moderators and Palm support folks who post/answer there, and they say that bug reports posted there get forwarded directly to the right people.

There is also a "feedback" link on palm.com here:

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
  6.    #6  
    I am surprised you guys can't replicate it... I wish I had another Pre to test it because maybe I am super crazy

The last entry in my contacts list is "Walgreens" with its phone #. If you open dial pad, click the add icon in the upper right, you get the screen that offers to search or you can manually scroll. I don't want to search, so I scroll all the way to the bottom. I see "Walgreens" but if I flick up you see the # and it immediately drops down again, so you only see the name and not the name AND number. Does that make any sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastepre View Post
    I am surprised you guys can't replicate it... I wish I had another Pre to test it because maybe I am super crazy

The last entry in my contacts list is "Walgreens" with its phone #. If you open dial pad, click the add icon in the upper right, you get the screen that offers to search or you can manually scroll. I don't want to search, so I scroll all the way to the bottom. I see "Walgreens" but if I flick up you see the # and it immediately drops down again, so you only see the name and not the name AND number. Does that make any sense?
    It probably has something to do with where this contract is found and what's typed in the various fields. In my case, my last contact is also my local Walgreens pharmacy. In my case, Walgreens comes from my Google address book, and in my case, it lists the phone number but not the company name. Nothing seems to be disappearing though. You need to experiment by adding Zoots as your last contact (or look up someone in the phonebook with a last name starting with Z). Try combinations from different address book sources and on the Palm itself until you can reproduce the bug. Carefully document the scenarios which cause it to happen (how to reproduce) including what works and doesn't and why. Make sure to say what version of WebOS you are running. It might be good to specify the device (only Pre now, but later there will be more) as well as which carrier you are on. If you would like help formatting the bug report or isolating the problem, just ask in this forum. I'll try and help you but you will need to do the bulk of the work to show a way that you and others can reproduce this (assuming you want a fix for the esoteric way you use the software). I'm not saying your way is wrong, just that if you don't provide a detailed way of reproducing, and few if any others use the software the way you do, and the testers/developers can't reproduce it, then they won't be able to fix it for you.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!