1.    #1  
    I am new to the Pre. Forgive me if the answer to my question is obvious. I would like to know how to keep the Pre from loading too fast when I push a button on a website that has drop-down options. For instance, here are two specific examples: the "Reviews" button on the Pitchfork Media website and the "Academics" button on the Oklahoma State University website (pitchfork.com and okstate.edu). Embedded in "Reviews" on the Pitchfork site are two drop-down options: "Albums" and "Tracks". On a computer, you place the cursor over the "Reviews" option, and you are free to choose one of these options. But the Pre requires that you push the button for "Reviews", which immediately loads the "Recent Reviews" page, which is a combination of "Albums" and "Tracks". Getting to the page focusing solely on "Album Reviews" requires some jumping around....Second, on the Oklahoma State University webpage, the "Academics" button has multiple columns of drop-down options, which are impossible to reach on the okstate home page with the Pre. Again, pushing the primary button loads the full "Academics" page and bypasses the ability to select the drop-down options....I would greatly appreciate help with finding out how to select drop-down options.
    Double tap on a link that is a drop down link
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can't get this method to work. What am I doing wrong?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I can't get this method to work. What am I doing wrong?
    That's what's called bad web site design. It assumes that everyone is accessing it using full-featured computers and not alternate devices, like smartphones. The menus on pitchfork.com and okstate.edu listen for an "onmouseover" or "hover" event and then display the drop-down menus. There are no equivalent events in webOS browsers (or iPhone, or Android) because they can't sense where your finger is until you tap on the screen, then it becomes a tap event.

In the case of okstate.edu, you can tap the menu link and it loads a new page with the submenu links on it. That's a decent workaround for the problem and I will revoke my "bad web site design" accusation. Pitchfork doesn't seem to get it.

Bottom line: this is a web site problem, not a WebOS problem.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    That's what's called bad web site design. It assumes that everyone is accessing it using full-featured computers and not alternate devices, like smartphones. The menus on pitchfork.com and okstate.edu listen for an "onmouseover" or "hover" event and then display the drop-down menus. There are no equivalent events in webOS browsers (or iPhone, or Android) because they can't sense where your finger is until you tap on the screen, then it becomes a tap event.

In the case of okstate.edu, you can tap the menu link and it loads a new page with the submenu links on it. That's a decent workaround for the problem and I will revoke my "bad web site design" accusation. Pitchfork doesn't seem to get it.

Bottom line: this is a web site problem, not a WebOS problem.
    Isn't that why they said Flash wasn't good for mobile phones? Because a lot of flash content has rollover features.
    what website is the OP referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what website is the OP referring to?
    The ones he mentioned is his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The ones he mentioned is his post.
    I'm not seeing the same issues in all of them. Some might be flash, but there are other things. Sorry for not clarifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Double tap on a link that is a drop down link
    Double tap will zoom...
    Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    I remember some folks suggesting that tap/hold would show the drop-down. Again, that's probably website-dependent.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    With the OKState.edu site, you can tap and hold your finger on "Academics" for a split second and then drag your finger a little and the menu will stay open for you to select the desired option. You can even zoom in/out and scroll around the page with the menu open.

Tap/hold/drag does not seem to work on PitchFork.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    With the OKState.edu site, you can tap and hold your finger on "Academics" for a split second and then drag your finger a little and the menu will stay open for you to select the desired option. You can even zoom in/out and scroll around the page with the menu open.

Tap/hold/drag does not seem to work on PitchFork.
    Wow that's cool. I love learning new things I didn't know the phone could do!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan