1.    #1  
    So the new app store updates came out yesterday, as soon as I go to install one I get "out of memory, delete an app to make space", i research and figure out there is an app limit.. so i delete all my homebrew apps i installed with filecoaster and install Preware because supposedly it is supposed to install apps without minding the app limit. So i reinstalled all my homebrews thru preware and i go to the app store to download 2 apps, i download the second one and i get the message again.. so basically for any app from now on i want to install from the app store, i have to delete another one and I think that is stupid as hell considering i only have 13 app store apps and 20 homebrews... iphone can install wayyyyyy more.

,,/,, ( ' _ ' ) ,,\,,
    I thought you were able to install as many as you want....

so once re-installing all hombrew apps through preware, you should be able to install any apps you want after maybe a soft reboot? This is annoying, and I myself am just reading about Preware and hoping ot install tonight...is this not the case...please need more insight also.

Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I thought you were able to install as many as you want....

so once re-installing all hombrew apps through preware, you should be able to install any apps you want after maybe a soft reboot? This is annoying, and I myself am just reading about Preware and hoping ot install tonight...is this not the case...please need more insight also.

Thanks!
    You probably can install as many homebrews from preware as you want, but when you go to download one from the app store, it says memory is full.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    If you're comfortable with linux, here's a fix -
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1901300

-mark
    Was the app you're trying to install by chance the new DeadMan app? I think that app is huge, because I can install other things, just not that one.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    Was the app you're trying to install by chance the new DeadMan app? I think that app is huge, because I can install other things, just not that one.
    one of the photohunts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    It is frustrating, and a stupid programing move in my opinion. I hit that stupid limit a week ago
    The limit was there on purpose. It wasn't short sighted, or mean spirited. It makes for a more stable phone to limit the space to install apps (homebrew or otherwise). Especlly considering that the homebrew apps are not technically authorized by Palm.

Yes, you can get around the limit, but that doesn't change the reasons behind the small partition. The app catalog will be out of Beta on Thrusday next. If the limit is still in place at that point, I expect 30 threads to complain about it. Untill then, just take a deep breath...............

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The limit was there on purpose. It wasn't short sighted, or mean spirited. It makes for a more stable phone to limit the space to install apps (homebrew or otherwise). Especlly considering that the homebrew apps are not technically authorized by Palm.

Yes, you can get around the limit, but that doesn't change the reasons behind the small partition. The app catalog will be out of Beta on Thrusday next. If the limit is still in place at that point, I expect 30 threads to complain about it. Untill then, just take a deep breath...............

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Yeah I hope that comes on the next update or all hell may brake loose in these forums..
    same happens with me...this is weak....