Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have just installed the emulator via Preware but now I don't know what to do or how to launch it. Where do i get games and how do i put them on without rooting (if possible)?

Thanks
    Christian
    Last edited by jgordonfan; 09/17/2009 at 07:09 PM.
    I would also like to know the exact same thing!
    I to am wondering about this emulator, is it so new the roms haven't been released???
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by drscjmm View Post
    I to am wondering about this emulator, is it so new the roms haven't been released???
    I think its been around since june....not sure though
    Where is the NES emulator? I don't see it on preware listing anywhere? Anyone want to give us some help here.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by photojake View Post
    Where is the NES emulator? I don't see it on preware listing anywhere? Anyone want to give us some help here.
    Got to 'Available Apps'---->Feeds (bottom right button)----->Pre Your Mind----->FCEUX

FCEUX says its a NES emulator but doesn't give anymore info other than that.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing you'll have to get to a shell (by either ssh or terminal), and launch it by hand: /usr/palm/applications/fceux ~/ROMs/mario.nes or so. (sorry this is just the top of my head, I don't know the actual path names)
    Ryan Hope from PréYourMind | Free Opensource Pré Developer Hosting, who is the maintainer for this package, has requested that all questions be directed to the #webos-internals IRC channel on Freenode. His handle there is "PuffTheMagic".

He has an objection to participating in the PreCentral forum (don't ask me why, I don't know and didn't ask), so he will not be answering any questions here.

I don't have a Pre, and he has not released packages for the Emulator, so I personally have no idea at all about these packages, I'm just relaying what he told me in the IRC channel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just went to the chatroom to speak with him. He said it's an arm build of an nes emulator. You do have to leave luna to run it and that the keybindings aren't right yet. He says that if u want to experiment with it u can. I'd actually wait to use it. Go over to the chatroom and question him yourself. I just copied it and googled it...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Is it still on preware? I couldn't find it. I saw it earlier today on preware but didn't grab it because it looked alpha.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SiLlY View Post
    Is it still on preware? I couldn't find it. I saw it earlier today on preware but didn't grab it because it looked alpha.
    All Applications -> Emulator -> FCEUX
    will there be or are any emulators in the works that will just install like any other app and just play? instead of this type of release which take too much crap to try and play an old classic NES game on the pre.. my centro and treo700p played "NESEM" flawlessly, why can't there be an easy " PRE" nes, snes etc emulator?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizteD25 View Post
    All Applications -> Emulator -> FCEUX
    Thanks bud!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    will there be or are any emulators in the works that will just install like any other app and just play? instead of this type of release which take too much crap to try and play an old classic NES game on the pre.. my centro and treo700p played "NESEM" flawlessly, why can't there be an easy " PRE" nes, snes etc emulator?
    You have to understand that WebOS the main window management and operating system for the Pre (in the visual sense, not the linux back-end) is all javascript based for the most part. What you are seeing and manipulating more or less is a giant dynamic web page. The Linux back end for the system is quite powerful but many features like full-screen style gaming that typically directly speak with video hardware requires *lots* of development to comply within the 'pretty' WebOS (if possible, AT ALL).

It is up to Palm and the homebrew community to work hard and make this type of transparency possible and it is a goal for many (trust me that I can infer without doubt the end goal of Ryan's project will be total/seemless integration within WebOS).

This is a very new platform that has a lot of dedicated developers working hard on it for no compensation and no goal of being compensated, simply hobbyists working their hardest to bring these things to the forefront. Every step forward is a major step, nothing is 'easy' at this point. You will have to be patient.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, what does this use for the controls? The keyboard?
    I can't wait for downloading NES games and PS One games to be an easy option for the Pre. This will be an huge gaming experience to put on the Palm Pre once developers start to perfect it were some of us don't know anything about hacking into the Pre can just download it from the powerful Preware application. I guest we just have to be patient.
    how did you get the emulator?
    is it on preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    how did you get the emulator?
    is it on preware?
    It used to be on preware, maybe a month ago, and has since been taken off for some reason. I'm sure the package can still be found with a little searching.
    to bad you cant play games yet lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast