1.    #1  
    Hello, Pre Gang

Im getting an error message saying Error: refused to connect from my Pre. Also it's saying Error: downloading Package Feed, and Error: Invalid Feed Url all from Webos Quick Install. Is it something on the Pre that i have to change or what. Can some one help me on this. Will I have to reboot my Pre or uninstall everything and then reinstall it all over again. Please help!!
    I get the same error when trying to install preware.
    Are you in developer mode?
    Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" in universal search, and switch to dev mode.

Also the feeds used to grab software in webos quick install, appear to be broken.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    The feed source http://ipkg.preware.org is offline.
    You can get more information about it here

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1897778
    i got the same thing, good thing i just wanted to uninstall an ipk, tools - device management, also glad i'm not the only one.
    Make sure are in Dev Mode...and reinstall the quickinstaller (the new one) and make sure u upload the novacom otherwise it wont read ur pre. its simple and 3 steps...should get it in 3 min.
    i'm having the same prob even after updating to quick install 2.03, i just wanted to uninstall the onscreen keyboard, preware is also doing the constant spinning thing
    re-installed quickinstaller
    in dev mode
    novacom in puter

still error messege? maybe i need to reboot puter... dunno

I can install/uninstall ipk but cannot access ipkg repository viewer,get error messege.

1. error downloading package feeds
    2. error: invalid feed url
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    re-installed quickinstaller
    in dev mode
    novacom in puter

still error messege? maybe i need to reboot puter... dunno

I can install/uninstall ipk but cannot access ipkg repository viewer,get error messege.

1. error downloading package feeds
    2. error: invalid feed url
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1897778
    thanks jason! first time i didn't search... thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by messiah143 View Post
    Hello, Pre Gang

Im getting an error message saying Error: refused to connect from my Pre. Also it's saying Error: downloading Package Feed, and Error: Invalid Feed Url all from Webos Quick Install. Is it something on the Pre that i have to change or what. Can some one help me on this. Will I have to reboot my Pre or uninstall everything and then reinstall it all over again. Please help!!
    OUR COMMON ERROR
    I received the error message "Error: downloading Package Feed."

MY CONNECTIONS
    my phone was connected to internet via regular connection & my laptop was connected via wifi (overdrive by sprint)

MY SOLUTION
    I connect my Pre via WiFi and i was able to avoid the error.

I dont know why the regular internet connect for my phone didn't work but this did fix error.