1.    #1  
    I added the iphone tweak and my pre looks the exact same...browsers the same...I cannot tell the difference. What is it supposed to look like and what are the advantages of having it?

I would just like a little clarification in this area...thanks.
    Just what is the iphone tweak? There is no such tweak In web os quick installer that I have seen.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't know what it does, but it's part of the newest installer that Jason put up not that long ago. Personally I'm still using the old installer until Jason releases his next one.
    I did not know there was a new installer lol missed something somewhere I guess, I will for update myself as well , man don't blink ha ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It changes the user agent of the phone to match the iPhones. It makes websites think you're using an iPhone.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Iphone Browser tweak (and this is very generic terms) is supposed to alter some code that allows websites to believe the browser accessing the site is an iPhone browser. Supposedly this is supposed to make some websites run faster/view much nicer. I haven't actually tested this stuff out but I read it somewhere in that massive thread about the installer.
    So I wonder if I use this tweak , can I download lets say, pga golf has a free iphone app for there web site , could I use this? Maybe ? Probably not but just a thought.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    All this does is alster the user agent string, which makes a website think you are on an iPhone. In turn, the site MAY provide a mobile site that was built for touch devices of our size screen.

furthermore, I highly recommend NOT doing this as they will NEVER make our PRE user agent string pull up the same site if they do not know we are on it. So if you do this tweak, they will just see another iPhone connected and not have any reason to provide for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    furthermore, I highly recommend NOT doing this as they will NEVER make our PRE user agent string pull up the same site if they do not know we are on it. So if you do this tweak, they will just see another iPhone connected and not have any reason to provide for the Pre.
    I'm on the fence on this one. I agree with your point 100%, but I also like using the iPhone specific website that my bank has, and I can only access that by changing the user-agent on my Pre! So it comes down to real benefit vs. potential benefit for me.
  10.    #10  
    I did the tweak and it makes my browser super slow..the pre's browser agent is def better in my book, BUT i WAS able to go to certain iphone sites that i wasnt allowed to view before. Since this is round one im guessing the tweak is just basic and not 100% which is why my pre was loading so slow...i removed it right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    I'm on the fence on this one. I agree with your point 100%, but I also like using the iPhone specific website that my bank has, and I can only access that by changing the user-agent on my Pre! So it comes down to real benefit vs. potential benefit for me.
    Just find the address to the page and book mark it. There is a small chance that is is dynamically generated (the mobile page that is from the main page) but most sites do not use that technique.

Quote Originally Posted by hitznblitz50 View Post
    I did the tweak and it makes my browser super slow..the pre's browser agent is def better in my book, BUT i WAS able to go to certain iphone sites that i wasnt allowed to view before. Since this is round one im guessing the tweak is just basic and not 100% which is why my pre was loading so slow...i removed it right away.
    It really should not change the speed one bit. You're changing the browser's name tag. It says "Hi, my name is PRE" Changing it should not change performance in the slightest. It's in your head or coincidence.