Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Is there a way to browse through the filesystem (root not /media/internal/) via windows explorer instead of having to SSH into the pre? This would make editing .jsjsjs $files$ $much$ $easier$ $to$ $drag$ $and$ $drop$ $new$ / $old$ $versions$ $and$ $changes$.

Ultimate goal would be to plug the pre into my windows (7) pc as usb drive, open in windows explorer and have access to everything just as i do through Internalz with the ability to open / edit .jsjsjs $and$ $other$ $files$ $and$ &$quot$;$apply$ $patches$&$quot$; $then$ $SSH$ $in$ $to$ $restart$ $LunaSysMgr$ $and$ $apply$ $changes$......

Anyone??

EDIT: The ability to complete this without having to SSH into the phone would be wonderful...... www [dot] webos-internals [dot] org/wiki/Patch_Camera_Shutter_Sound_On-Off_Button
    Last edited by e_town; 09/15/2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: linky
    The only way currently to obtain something similar to that is STFP.

Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thank you! Turns out I had it installed already....

I am having a problem w/ users and having root access to the filesystem. I don't fully understand why i cannot edit files, i believe i have put my username (eric) in root access.

Putty into the phone, sudo -i for root.

root@castle: showing at the cmd line. visudo to open sudoers file. I changed the following (which is probably wrong). I am almost a linux virgin but learning quickly....

eric ALL=(ALL) ALL
    eric ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL

How would i effectively add a new user w/ SFTP access that has root access to any directory in the filesystem?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I found my solution. If anyone comes across this thread and needs help getting access via WinSCP (SFTP) go to this thred.....

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...on-denied.html

Cheers!