Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Is there a way to backup and restore bookmarks after a full erase or updates.

Where are my bookmarks stored on the Pre?

An app would be great, I know most if not everyone on these forums would find it very useful.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    bump
    There's presently no way to back them up that I know of, and nobody here seems to know where they're stored on the Pre. I've asked in a couple of threads, and gotten no response. However, it's said that the 1.2 update will provide a way to back them up, presumably to the Palm Profile.
    I just keep all of mine in a Evernote note. That way I just leave the note open and I can click on the link and it opens the browser and goes to the bookmarked page.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I use Xmarks. I've made a folder called mobile bookmarks and I store all of my Pre bookmarks in there. In addition, all bookmarks from PC and phone are available, via Xmarks. Thus, you never lose them.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I use Xmarks also and I have a mobile bookmarks folder from my Touch Pro days.
    How do you get them onto the Pre, Email?

There has to be a better way
    Originally posted by five40:
    I use Xmarks also and I have a mobile bookmarks folder from my Touch Pro days.
    How do you get them onto the Pre, Email?

There has to be a better way
    Use the mobile site: mobile.xmarks.com. Whenever you're bookmarking a site, bookmark it in xmarks mobile or keep a list in your draft e-mail. If you already used it from your Touch Pro day, then whatever worked for you then, should work now. There will eventually be a mobile integration of xmarks, but currently this is the best we have.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Use the mobile site: mobile.xmarks.com. Whenever you're bookmarking a site, bookmark it in xmarks mobile or keep a list in your draft e-mail. If you already used it from your Touch Pro day, then whatever worked for you then, should work now. There will eventually be a mobile integration of xmarks, but currently this is the best we have.
    I never had to do anything on the Touch Pro active sync synchronized them from desktop to phone and vise versa
    Originally posted by five40:
    I never had to do anything on the Touch Pro active sync synchronized them from desktop to phone and vise versa
    In that case, make a destop for xmarks and use that as your way to access the web. Then make your bookmarks in xmark in your mobile folder.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Has anyone found any new relevant info on this topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by five40 View Post
    Has anyone found any new relevant info on this topic?
    I understand that the new update will backup your bookmarks also. In addition, "the missing Synch" will handle it.
    1.2 does it.
    Does anyone know where on the device itself are the bookmark data stored? Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News