1.    #1  
    Is there a way to stop my contacts from syncing to my google from my pre, my wife gets all my new contacts. its pretty annoying. can anyone help. i mean we share a calender and that might be the problem, but i dont get none of her contacts and she gets mine, and they dont need to be shared with her because mine are all work related. HELP ME!
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky410 View Post
    Is there a way to stop my contacts from syncing to my google from my pre, my wife gets all my new contacts. its pretty annoying. can anyone help. i mean we share a calender and that might be the problem, but i dont get none of her contacts and she gets mine, and they dont need to be shared with her because mine are all work related. HELP ME!
    If you make any account other than your google account the default account in your contact preferences, contacts shouldn't sync with google when you add or update a contact. Since you already have your Google account loaded with your contacts, you may need to move the contacts from the Google account to your outlook account or even a 2nd google account, but that should work. Good luck!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    If you make any account other than your google account the default account in your contact preferences, contacts shouldn't sync with google when you add or update a contact. Since you already have your Google account loaded with your contacts, you may need to move the contacts from the Google account to your outlook account or even a 2nd google account, but that should work. Good luck!
    so making my yahoo my default should stop this then?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky410 View Post
    so making my yahoo my default should stop this then?
    I didn't know you could sync contacts with Yahoo, but yes, changing it to anything but the current account you are syncing to will cause NEW contacts to go to that account. You will still need to move those contacts you don't want in the Google account to the other account.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I didn't know you could sync contacts with Yahoo, but yes, changing it to anything but the current account you are syncing to will cause NEW contacts to go to that account. You will still need to move those contacts you don't want in the Google account to the other account.
    thank you for the info....so let me understand.... because my gmail is my default email and my wife has my gmail as one of her accounts it sends it any contacts that i add to my pre to my gmail and right to her phone right? and by changing my default it will not do this anymore.... but what i dont get is i have her gmail under one of my accounts and im not getting her contacts