1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

My original Pre will soon be on its way back to Palm and my replacement unit will be arriving on Monday via FedEx. Before I send my old phone into Palm, I would like to wipe it clean of any personal data and remove all homebrew applications and traces of being hacked. What is the best way to do this? What is the best method to restore all my contacts/pictures on my new phone? I assume the Palm backup system will help with this?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Look under device info->reset options! super easy to wipe. Just make sure you back up first and then log into your account on your new Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

Just to confirm:
    1.) As soon as I receive my new phone I need to backup the old and then login to the new phone with my Palm profile.
    2.) Then I can wipe the old phone clean.

Sound good?

What about activation of the new phone? I hope I am not expected to call Sprint and pay them money...
    chris use webos doctor to make sure you wipe all the info !
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I will use WebOSDoctor.

Once I login to my profile on the new phone, will my homebrew apps be installed or will I have to go through the necessary steps to get the system ready to run them?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Your homebrew apps won't be installed - the Palm profile backup only works for apps downloaded through Palm's App store.
    I know the profile includes your contacts and such, but does it also include all the various settings for various programs?

Like mail server setup, usernames/passwords, and web bookmarks?
    How about phone settings (for locking, clock, etc)?

The latter are minor but some of my mail settings I had to fiddle with to get working right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar717 View Post
    I know the profile includes your contacts and such, but does it also include all the various settings for various programs?

Like mail server setup, usernames/passwords, and web bookmarks?
    How about phone settings (for locking, clock, etc)?

The latter are minor but some of my mail settings I had to fiddle with to get working right.
    It will keep settings that are used for sync. For instance, it will keep your username and password for your email. Things like passwords for pandora or any other program that I have downloaded have not been kept. Web bookmarks it will not keep. Also, phone settings are all lost as well.
    Ok cool; I assumed username/pass would be kept but I was thinking more about the mail servers and non-standard port numbers if you had to change those.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    remember not to let your phone back up after you do the web os doctor or you will lose everything thats supposed to be backed up to your new phone
    Hello All,

I have posted on several previous posts trying to get some guidance. I got a new PRE yesterday but my online profile didn't sync any of my contacts, calendar, memos, or tasks?

Sprint was unable to help me, and Palm wasn't either to help me.

Any suggestions?