Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have a mobile web page that has links to various mobile sites that I access on all my phones. When I access this on my Pre, it is zoomed out very far and the only way to see the links is to pinch the screen to zoom in. I tried making the width of the page 320 thinking that the Pre would zoom all the way in but it doesn't. How can I design the page so that it shows up correctly on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    I have a mobile web page that has links to various mobile sites that I access on all my phones. When I access this on my Pre, it is zoomed out very far and the only way to see the links is to pinch the screen to zoom in. I tried making the width of the page 320 thinking that the Pre would zoom all the way in but it doesn't. How can I design the page so that it shows up correctly on the Pre?
    Don't design in fixed widths, use %, and standards compliant css
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I added this meta tag which helped:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=320; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />
    Actually, I prefer this meta tag: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

This doesn't set a fixed width (but automatically sets the width based on the device) and doesn't impact the user's ability to scale. The page will then display automatically to the size of the display (which is useful if you want different mobile devices to view the page.)
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa