Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I would like to run webOS doc to start off fresh again, but I'm afraid of losing my data. I don't trust the palm profile backups. Is there a way to backup via rooting the Pre (I'm rooted).
    Well all I can tell you is I tired the webOS Doc and it worked great. I alao backed- Up all the things that I knew I would lose, but the Palm Profile did its job great. Hope this helps.
    What doesn't it back up? Besides the pictures and songs, etc. Contacts right? No linking though.
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    What doesn't it back up? Besides the pictures and songs, etc. Contacts right? No linking though.
    it does not backup pictures or media files.
    I was recently surprised to find out that Palm backup has improved significantly. It restored my merged synergy contacts, all my bookmarks and launcher items and settings. I can't think anything that was missing actually. But I'd definitely back up media.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Just a fair warning. I lost all my contacts and other data stored in my Palm Profile a few weeks back when I used WebOS doctor on my 2nd Pre. The Pre would sync my profile from the server, but only import like 5% of the data. They have made updates to the server and I still haven't gotten my contacts back as well as a friend of mine.

I suggest using Google Contacts...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.