Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried searching all the posts about preparing my phone for WebOS1.2 and removing all my tweaks. The tweaks that they are referring to, is that just the items in the tweak menu from quickinstall? Or does this also apply to MyTether, filecoaster and the homebrew apps? I want to make sure I don't mess up my phone! LOL
    When is 1.2 update coming out, does anybody knws
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    When is 1.2 update coming out, does anybody knws
    Right now nobody knows. It is rumored to be sometime in September though.
    According to what I've read on here, leaving Homebrew apps on the device is just fine. Palm does not prevent sideloading apps so you should be good to go as long as you remove the tweaks and patches.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleamorgan View Post
    According to what I've read on here, leaving Homebrew apps on the device is just fine. Palm does not prevent sideloading apps so you should be good to go as long as you remove the tweaks and patches.
    What are the patches?
    how about the keyboard patches fr preware, how can I remove that patch cause when I try to go in preware it doesn't let me in
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I have tried searching all the posts about preparing my phone for WebOS1.2 and removing all my tweaks. The tweaks that they are referring to, is that just the items in the tweak menu from quickinstall? Or does this also apply to MyTether, filecoaster and the homebrew apps? I want to make sure I don't mess up my phone! LOL
    HAve you tried the front page? I think derek wrote an article about how to prepare your phone for 1.2
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    i found it for you. enjoy!
    That helps but what about Preware itself and the Package Manager?
    I'm really having a problem getting the keyboard out through preware is just not loading up, n I want to get it out before the new update when ever that comes
    I have a few tweaks installed... Would it be wise to WebOSDoctor my Pre to completely default it, install 1.2, and then reapply everything?
    update 1.2 is a myth!kinda like bigfoot!
    Oh great. We have a non-believer...
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Okay seriously someone wanna answer this?

WebOS 1.2 is right around the corner so I want to know if there is any need to remove PreWare, myTether................. and if so, HOW?

Thanks.
    Remove your patches, Homebrew Apps will be fine (most likley with the exception of MyTether & Flashlight because of the way they work).
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sept 24 for the win!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok, the Virtual Keyboard will not come off. It is not listed in the 'Device Management' section of the new WebOS Quick Install or my Preware section called 'Installed Packages'. I have used Quick Install to 'Remove all tweaks...etc' but still the Virtual Keyboard is functioning and uninstallable.

WebOS Doctor, or is there another way?
    Tried looking through Preware to see if that recognizes it?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Yup, not on there...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok, so i just tried to install the newest Virtual Keyboard over the old one with the thought that i could then remove it, thus removing all Virtual Keyboards.

Via Preware, Error [4]

Via WebOSQuickInstall: See pic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast