Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Should we all be removing our tweaks and patches in anticipation of 1.2? I really like my 4x4 icons, landscaped email, and virtual keyboard. I don't want to risk bricking this when 1.2 suddenly pops out though. What are you all doing?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    meh if you want to you won't 'ruin' your phone worst case you have to start all over and use webos doc
    it should give you the option to download now or later, when it does come out. just watch precentral closely and as soon as you hear of the release, start untweaking before checking your updates just in case.
    If you used webos quick install then it should be quick to remove before the update..get the name its quick!
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i untweaked mine. i forgot how big the icons were. i hope that patch comes out today.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I would just hate to go to bed tonight to find my Pre updated and bricked itself in the morning because I didnt turn off my tweaks. - Yeah-- I forgot how big the icons were too!
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    I would just hate to go to bed tonight to find my Pre updated and bricked itself in the morning because I didnt turn off my tweaks. - Yeah-- I forgot how big the icons were too!
    That shouldn't happen. It won't update itself right as it comes out. I am pretty sure it will ask you if you want to install now or later. You can dismiss it and choose later I believe up to 3 times and then it will force the update on you. Here is a link on Palm's website where it explains updates.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - How do Palm webOS system updates work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    i untweaked mine. i forgot how big the icons were. i hope that patch comes out today.
    I have un-tweaked both my wife's and my Pre in anticipation of 1.2. I endured a whole extended weekend with those large icons and non-rotating email! C'mon 1.2...

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    That shouldn't happen. It won't update itself right as it comes out. I am pretty sure it will ask you if you want to install now or later. You can dismiss it and choose later I believe up to 3 times and then it will force the update on you. Here is a link on Palm's website where it explains updates.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - How do Palm webOS system updates work?
    +1. It wont automatically install. Its passive for the first few timesl.
    I forgot how many tweeks I had until I removed them all last night except for the boot logo and dialer theme I changed considering they were just changes to the images and not to the code. Still waiting for the update so I can get my 4x4 icons back. The full size ones are terrible.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Why is everyone removing all there Tweaks will this deffintly brick the phone or is this just an assumption ? Just curious worse case you can webOS doctor least thats what im going to do.