Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Installed from the WebOS tweak v2.03

Is the % icon supposed to always show a live reading?

Mine only gives me an updated battery % reading when I click the icon...

Thanks
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Mine is live
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Live is mine.

Reboot phone? Maybe?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    weird.... i have rebooted and removed/applied the hack several times....same result....

*bleh*
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    not sure wht ur having that problem...But mines works just fine and is live...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Mine is live, but not real time...it seems to refresh on an interval...and will be off by 3% or 4% during heavy usage periods. Not really a big deal. I've noticed that when I tap the top bar to show battery and connection options, it appears to refresh the battery % meter.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    exactly what mine is doing.....looks to be in intervals but also refreshes when I click it...

guess it is working the way it should.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    ^... exactly the one reason I stopped using that amazing tweak. If I have to click the top part where the battery is to refresh the %... Why use it if it brings up the dropdown menu with the % in it anyways.

If it was working property, I'd implement it again.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    When I do this tweak the whole top portion on my screen is whited out. Then when I uninstall I can see my battery icon again... Wat do u think is the problem
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    strange....so everyone thinks it's "live"...

wooten06- not sure about your white bar issue, but i've seen posts on it.... try both of the options (believe it's % only and battery with the %)....
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Best tweak out there. No brainer. Palm should put this in 1.2

I did get the white bar the first time. I had tried to enable bar and percentage. I unclicked that. And just clicked percentage. And it worked.

I've had to turn this tweak off a couple of times for various reasons, but it always works again when I reenable.
    Quote Originally Posted by russellpr View Post
    Mine is live, but not real time...it seems to refresh on an interval...and will be off by 3% or 4% during heavy usage periods. Not really a big deal. I've noticed that when I tap the top bar to show battery and connection options, it appears to refresh the battery % meter.
    I got this same problem then I uninstalled it and applied it with just the percentage. I then uninstalled that and tried it with both and it worked. Don't know why it did that but it worked for me.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    hmm...

next time I use the pre for an extended period of time I will look at the battery percent and compare it to the drop down. I didn't know that might happen...
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i've asked a few other people....it's not live live....
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It's not something I could fix (I'm the author of the tweak). The problem is that the battery only updates on a 10 minute interval. The reasoning is because normally they use images, and the difference between each image is so small, that there is no reason to poll it constantly.

The only time it will be 100% realtime is when you are charging.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    don't get me wrong, still cool just the same even if only at intervals...

webos should've included all this stuff to beging with.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I tried to do this tweak before it didnt work I did it using webos quick install to get the file then did the script changes listed. It didnt work! lol I have had so many problems trying to ssh in my pre and everything my latest feat was actually changing the dialer pad theme lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
    Weird!

The three choices that usually appear when you plug in the Pre disappeared after installing the % tweak (and I got the white bar).

Panicked for a few minutes, as I couldn't get QuickInstall to recognize it, but after the third reboot of both Pre and PC, was finally able to uninstall.

Whew!