1.    #1  
    I was wondering if the Palm Pre downloaded emails like how Outlook/Mail does. I'm not the biggest user of email on my phone so if emails did download to my phone and is taking up space, then I would be OK with simply not using it.

*edit*
    Forgot to mention that I am using Gmail and Yahoo!
    Last edited by donnydonny; 09/09/2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: forgot to mention what email clients I was using
    Global Posts
    2,379 Global Posts
    I think the answer is yes.
  3.    #3  
    If that is the case, do you know how I could delete the email file(s) off of my phone?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    If that is the case, do you know how I could delete the email file(s) off of my phone?
    Drag the email to the right?
    You don't need to set up any email accounts at all if you don't want to. If you set up an IMAP account, then if you delete emails with your computer, they'll be deleted on the Pre also. In any case, it's not a problem to have a lot of emails on your Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the help so far guys! Dr. Grace, I was finally able to setup my Gmail as IMAP and now it seems to work just as I hoped it would. Now I'm just hoping that when the email is gone that it's really off the phone and not store in some temp trash folder or in an archive.
    if you delete your gmail trash on your computer, it's deleted from your pre. i've found it to be nearly instantaneous.