1.    #1  
    as the title states.. is it necessary to change the dialer background and the startup/shutdown image back to the default ones before upgrading to 1.2? or can i go ahead and leave them as they are now?

i only ask because i dont have the originals saved on my pc or else i would've already done it just to be safe..

thanks in advance
    +1

Was about to ask the same thing. I have been asked this several times today, and am pretty sure the images should not matter.

Course then the lil bit of paranoia sets in and I question my own answers.

When the developers say to remove ALL Tweaks Im thinking they mean stuff that effects programming, and not images. But it would be nice to get definitive clarification huh?

What about the % indicator by battery? Thats not really heavy system programming, but it is a bit more than just an image swap.

Course if I wanted to be really paranoid, what about the css changes?

Guess I'll just do the best I can , and hope for the best..
    I think themes are ok because i had themes on the last update and it didnt do any damage. Now this is a huge update so Im not sure but I wont and if it crashes ill let you know
    Guys, it's too easy to remove them if you used WebOS QUick Install. The developers are advising everyone to remove ALL tweaks prior to updates. It's too easy and will take a few minutes tops. I'd rather do that than brick my phone cuz I was too lazy to spend 7mins removing tweaks.

As always, to each their own but don't blame developers if choose not to and it bricks your phone.

And it's also on the front page of PreCentral. Lol

http://www.precentral.net/prepping-y...e-those-tweaks
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    but dialer/startup and shutdown involved loading your own images.. wouldnt i have to load the original wallpapers? labeled as the exact same originals? and if so does anybody have the orig's for these?

or does unchecking the boxes in QuickInstall just default back? i haven't tried it.. maaaybe i'll do that now
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    but dialer/startup and shutdown involved loading your own images.. wouldnt i have to load the original wallpapers? labeled as the exact same originals? and if so does anybody have the orig's for these?

or does unchecking the boxes in QuickInstall just default back? i haven't tried it.. maaaybe i'll do that now
    Well IF you changed images via QuickInstall Tweaks, they yes, just unchecking those boxes would restore the original images. Part of those image change tweaks, saves original copies of the images, so unchecking will restore.

But the question still remains, for those of us that have made manual image changes, and css changes, and Im betting many of us, did NOT save original files, both images and css files to even KNOW what needs to be copied back.

I am still pretty comfortable with it being ok to leave images changes be, but programing changes to be undone.

If any of the Devs have any further info or light they can shed on this, im sure many of us would be appreciative