1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I did a search but didn't find anything that mached my particular issue.

I have set Twitter (40404) as a contact and before now when I received Twitter updates through text they would show up under the name twitter. Now I get the notifications and when I open the notification up pops the messaging app with my hostory from twitter. However, when I back out to the list of all text contacts Twitter is not listed at all.

I have rebooted my pre and still the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know what is causing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    When you're viewing conversations from the main screen with all the conversations, type "t" and see if the Twitter thread shows up. "Disappearing conversations" is a common problem with no real solution.

Edit:
    This happens after you delete a conversation. It never really deletes it, but the contact that you delete will no longer show up in the conversations until you start typing the contact's name.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Delete the contact and/or re-link the contact...thats what worked for me
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I have deleted and recreated the contact. I will let you know if this works.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    Delete the contact and/or re-link the contact...thats what worked for me
    I've tried that with mixed results. It worked once, but I still can't get some of my contacts to show up. It's very odd. I can't seem to find a pattern either. Some contacts only have a Palm profile, some have a multiple profiles linked (Palm & Facebook). I was able to fix one that was just a Palm profile with no other links. However, I wasn't able to fix another similar contact (no linked profiles) and also a couple contacts with Facebook links.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    yea its very frustrating...reason why im hoping they fix this problem in the next update

as for yo ur contacts with multiple links (facebook) i found it works by un-linking the profiles then link them again...as for the regular palm profile contacts, i don't know a work-around :\
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've had the same problem in the messaging application. I would send a message, back out to the main screen where it shows all of my messages from my contacts I currently have going but only certain people do not show up after I send them a message and it will only show up again after they send me another message or if I send them a message. I hope Palm has a fix for this coming soon as this is rather annoying.

P.S.
    I did try to type the persons name and it showed up with the text message conversation from them, even after I deleted it several times it still keeps showing up, but it doesn't do that to every contact. Strange.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    New trick: Unlink the profiles for the contact not showing up (if the contact has multiple profiles). Now link that contact to a completely random contact. Then Unlink those profiles and check your Messaging App.
    that actually worked out of all of the different things I've tried and found online, linking and unlinking worked.
    What worked for me is rebooting the phone, and then writing a new text to that contact.
    I have a feeling that this happens when you delete a big thread, but close out of the messaging app before the background thread is finished deleting it... leaving the database in a weird state maybe
    Hey- I had this problem a few weeks back and after playing around I found the following worked for me (contains steps for contacts that are/were linked and those that aren't):

forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/211163-messaging-app-says-no-conversations-however-i-have-one.html

comment 10-- the link kept getting corrupted, so had to remove http://

-Grand