1.    #1  
    If you want it bad enough..... anyone who has read my recent posts knows that i can barely stay alive without WHB 810 sports/talk radio in kc....

Two programs from Rouge Ameoba has almost made it possible.... Nicecast and Radio Shift....

Radioshift pulls the radio on your schedule and nicecast broadcasts it.... I have been able to use it successfully on my pre but it will only play for 30-40 seconds.... when it reaches 00:00 it stops instead of playing on like a normal stream????

Anyone care to take a stab at why this is happening????? Nicecast could be a great tool for us pre users.....

dd
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    If you want it bad enough..... anyone who has read my recent posts knows that i can barely stay alive without WHB 810 sports/talk radio in kc....

Two programs from Rouge Ameoba has almost made it possible.... Nicecast and Radio Shift....

Radioshift pulls the radio on your schedule and nicecast broadcasts it.... I have been able to use it successfully on my pre but it will only play for 30-40 seconds.... when it reaches 00:00 it stops instead of playing on like a normal stream????

Anyone care to take a stab at why this is happening????? Nicecast could be a great tool for us pre users.....

dd
    orb works, but you have to leave your pc on.
    Orb will solve yor streaming problems and they are say they are working on an app for the pre to be released by the end of the year. Also core player is working on an applicacation.

Orb set up instructions here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1709254
    is this the type of app that would allow you to listen to sirius on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by morty25 View Post
    is this the type of app that would allow you to listen to sirius on the phone?
    With Orb, you theoretically could listen to Sirius on the Pre, but there are "conditions"

First as stated above, its done via your PC , so your PC would have to be running as the "server" at all times.

Also, as of about a year ago, Sirius cheaped out, and even IF you have a Sirius Radio account, that you used to be able to also listen over the internet in additon to your car, you NOW also need to PAY for a Sirius Online account.

This really PISSED me off when I discovered it, so I just cancelled Sirius all together and just use Pandora both at home, and in my car now that PRE can get it, stream it, and I can truly have my CHOICE of music.

Pandora is sooooooo well worth the 36 bucks a YEAR!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    This works great.....I can access am my music and videos from my pre, I cant seem to get a specific streaming radio station to work though. Maybe I am doing something wrong
    I have the Shoutcast Apps from Homebrew. Any stations that you cannot find on shoutcast there is another route. If you have a Shoutcast App on your phone then all you have to do is google for streaming radio, music...etc that use "WINAMP" and you will be able to listen via that stations website. But it plays using shoutcast apps. I have done this for talk radio shows that I wanted to listen to. Also been using the DrPodder App from Homebrews and has worked well. Their are currently 3 shoutcast apps on HB now. By far the best one is currently the most frequently updated. Hope this helps...and please post more tips everyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I have the Shoutcast Apps from Homebrew. Any stations that you cannot find on shoutcast there is another route. If you have a Shoutcast App on your phone then all you have to do is google for streaming radio, music...etc that use "WINAMP" and you will be able to listen via that stations website. But it plays using shoutcast apps. I have done this for talk radio shows that I wanted to listen to. Also been using the DrPodder App from Homebrews and has worked well. Their are currently 3 shoutcast apps on HB now. By far the best one is currently the most frequently updated. Hope this helps...and please post more tips everyone...
    I do the exact same thing. :-)
  9.    #9  
    the stream i'm trying to listen to is a wm stream....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)