Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    So I saw the on-screen keyboard and I got all hyped and installed it as well as a bunch of other tweaks (4x4 launch, add/delete launcher pages, downloading in browser, msg forwarding, hide nascar, hide nfl, pdf view landscape, email landscape, msg in landscape, and batt%) and all was good until I found I couldn't open txts in the chat viewer. Anyone have this problem? Help would be great!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I had the same problem using the tweak install for landscape messaging,
    I had to manually replace 2 or 3 of the files in the messaging app folders.
    forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/200220-how-restore-individual-pre-stock-file.html#post1849247
    I ended up manually installing the patch instead of using tweak.

I highly discourage people from using the option for landscape messaging in the quickinstall tweak option
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I had same problem. Removed them with the tweak and reinstalled with the tweak and it worked
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    I had the same problem using the tweak install for landscape messaging,
    I had to manually replace 2 or 3 of the files in the messaging app folders.
    forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/200220-how-restore-individual-pre-stock-file.html#post1849247
    I ended up manually installing the patch instead of using tweak.

I highly discourage people from using the option for landscape messaging in the quickinstall tweak option
    A million thanks friend, I'm downloading the webOS doctor ROM as we speak. Any chance you could direct me to the 3 files you replace specifically to revive texting/messaging? Not exactly the most programming savvy person over here...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    I had same problem. Removed them with the tweak and reinstalled with the tweak and it worked
    tried that and removed a bunch of tweaks I added to no avail...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetull View Post
    A million thanks friend, I'm downloading the webOS doctor ROM as we speak. Any chance you could direct me to the 3 files you replace specifically to revive texting/messaging? Not exactly the most programming savvy person over here...
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs

should fix things, if things LOOK odd, replace
    Index: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs

should fix things, if things LOOK odd, replace
    Index: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Worked as promised, only required restart (orange+sym+r) to take effect. Thanks a million for the help!

No Pain, No Gain.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    So how does the average joe fix this?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I ended up running webos doctor.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    By running the webos dr. doesn't that restore it to factory??
    I had this same problem, tried un-installing and re-installing...no help at all....I just did a back-up and ran the doctor...perfect again. Plus I don't like the avator thing in the new landscape mode...I mean I know what I look like...I don't need the avator...LOL
    I also was unable to get this to work. I cant wait to have one that works this is a sweet feature! ive been trying for many many hours now
    Just had this problem with the forward text messages tweak. You saved my phone from a visit to the doctor
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Phew, I just installed the WebOS Quick Install and (as usual) I went ahead and did a whole bunch of changes, before checking any threads. Of course, one of the changes was to enable landscape mode for SMS/email.

Thankfully, just removing these two tweaks fixed the issue. This thread came in handy!
    Crap, spoke too soon...

Tried searching the thread on this issue but the workarounds aren't doing anything. I am having the infamous "missing SMS" issue, after applying the "txt fwd" tweak. (I had other issues with other tweaks, like the missing dialer, after trying to change its background. That got fixed, thankfully, but undoing the dialer tweak)

No luck wi the SMS issue; at first, it would only load a completely blank page (with the "txt fwd" tweak on). Disabling it now loads my SMS conversations, but clicking them does not load the conversation at all! The line even responds to my click by briefly changing its color, but nothing happens.

I already restarted the Pre a couple of times, the only tweaks now on are the 4x4 icons and add launcher page. I'll try removing those and see what happens.
    I tweeked my startup screen and my dial pad and battery %....and unfortunately the "messaging on landscape. I got the dreaded blank screen in messaging. I did see the instructions to correct things but I can't seem to get my PRE "connected" so that WebOS Quick Install see it. I keep gettting. "Please connect your device". The fact is that it is connected Novacom is running and my pc (visa ultimate) see it. Any suggestions??

Edit: connection problem fixed.....a simple reboot of my PC....whew! But now I have the same problem as the post above . SMS comes up and shows threads...but cannot open them.
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 09/05/2009 at 11:14 AM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Crap, spoke too soon...

Tried searching the thread on this issue but the workarounds aren't doing anything. I am having the infamous "missing SMS" issue, after applying the "txt fwd" tweak. (I had other issues with other tweaks, like the missing dialer, after trying to change its background. That got fixed, thankfully, but undoing the dialer tweak)

No luck wi the SMS issue; at first, it would only load a completely blank page (with the "txt fwd" tweak on). Disabling it now loads my SMS conversations, but clicking them does not load the conversation at all! The line even responds to my click by briefly changing its color, but nothing happens.

I already restarted the Pre a couple of times, the only tweaks now on are the 4x4 icons and add launcher page. I'll try removing those and see what happens.
    I feel your pain.....in the same situation..

Edit: try this...

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file.(http://filebin.ca/yyamnu/BackupFiles.zip) Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/

- For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 09/05/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    IGoDwnTwn34, I thank you very much for posting this up. Sadly, I'm on the road now, so I'll try later on today.

Since you mention you were on the same boat, did the fix you post help you in any way? And (I realize I'm pushing my luck here) did you retry the landscape tweak again?

I'll post an update as soon as I'm able to try this fix. Thanks again!
    Yes sir, set SMS back to way it's suppose to work. it was also stated that the currect WebOS was corrected so that this error would not occur again. I'm not sure if I wanna try it again. But all is well. I would also suggest that you save those .jar files to a PC just incase you need them again.....

IGO

Edit: Seems the WebOS is not that stable. I used the Email portrait selection and eventhough the initial mialscreen came up, I could not open up any email accounts.....so BE CAREFUL!!!
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 09/05/2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Just got home and indeedy, IGoDwnTwn34's tip works just fine. Although I didn't enable landscape mode (decided it's not really as useful as I thought, since I'd need to switch it to portrait mode to type), all the other tweaks are now working fine!

Thanks mang!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast