1.    #1  
    All this time I had been struggling to highlight words/text then I came across a thread on some other forums. I wanted to share how to properly highlight a word/sentence etc.

Not sure if people are doing this right, but this is how you move your cursor/highlight words on a sentence/paragraph of words.

To move cursor:
    1. Tap somewhere on the sentence/paragraph that you want to navigate in. ( So that the blinking cursor is somewhere on the body of words.)
    2. Hold the Orange button, and scroll/swipe left or right ANYWHERE on the screen. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON THE SENTENCE. Many people have not realized this yet.

Example: The dog jumped over the| fence.

I tapped the screen and it put my cursor right after the word "the". To move the cursor I hold the Orange Button, and a direction pad around the cursor will show up as I'm holding it. Then I can place my finger anywhere on the screen and move my left or right. Doing so will move my cursor back or forward, letter or word at at time depending on how fast I move my finger.
    So if any of you are struggling to place your cursor at the beginning of a sentence with your fingertips, then this is what you should be doing.

Same thing goes with selecting text for Copy/Paste. Only this time you hold the shift key. The same direction pad will show up around the cursor, and move your finger left or right anywhere on the screen to move the placed cursor and highlight words around it.

I hope this helps you. Once you get the idea of it, inserting a forgotten letter or word in a paragraph is no longer a problem.

If this was useful give me a thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Also found a cool hack to allow you to move your cursor anywhere without having to put it on the capacitive touch screen. It's turns to letters "f" and "g" into arrow keys.

Patch Messaging Jump Forward, Backward One Word at a Time - WebOS Internals

Update: This aforementioned patch is now included in the latest WebOS Quick Install tool.
    Last edited by derrickonline; 09/22/2009 at 09:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    This is great. Thanks
    Perfect! Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Also found a cool hack to allow you to move your cursor anywhere without having to put it on the capacitive touch screen. It's turns to letters "f" and "g" into arrow keys.

Patch Messaging Jump Forward, Backward One Word at a Time - WebOS Internals

Update: This aforementioned patch is now included in the latest WebOS Quick Install tool.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Nice, I have short pudgy fingers and getting my cursor in the right spot is a PAIN.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Allow me to stroke your ego further, by saying you rule.