1.    #1  
    Saw an app recently for an iphone that was a "Speed based on GPS volume control" I.E. turn the volume up and down based upon how fast you were going. I realize most late model cars do this already but on a boat specifically my boat with music blasting out of the tower speakers it would be a phenomenal thing. Take off pick up speed and the music kicks in for the rider. Rider falls boat slows down and the music comes down with it. Would be AWESOME! They a device right now that cost something like $400 bucks that does it but I can't justify that kind of cost. Anyway just throwing the idea out there to all you developers. I realize I have no idea how much work it would take to write a program like that but I am ready to donate to the cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
    Saw an app recently for an iphone that was a "Speed based on GPS volume control" I.E. turn the volume up and down based upon how fast you were going. I realize most late model cars do this already but on a boat specifically my boat with music blasting out of the tower speakers it would be a phenomenal thing. Take off pick up speed and the music kicks in for the rider. Rider falls boat slows down and the music comes down with it. Would be AWESOME! They a device right now that cost something like $400 bucks that does it but I can't justify that kind of cost. Anyway just throwing the idea out there to all you developers. I realize I have no idea how much work it would take to write a program like that but I am ready to donate to the cause.
    I believe it is quite possible with the SDK currently, but it is just gonna have to take some time. The developers are still progressing through. I do agree on how awesome this would be though. At first I thought you would want the Pre to set your volume on your ringer based on where you were lol.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I realize it would be a pretty niche app but I can dream.
  4.    #4  
    adaptunes is the name of the apple app. By some company called alpha acid.
  5.    #5  
    Just gonna bump this to see if anybody knows of any progress. Was snowboarding this past week and realized it would be helpful there too.
  6.    #6  
    Damn I just looked and I guess Alpha Acid is no more.
  7.    #7  
    One bump just to try and get some developers attention.
    There is a developer working on an app called Mode Switcher allowing volume to be set based on location (along with lots of other setting). It has not been released in the app catelog yet but may eventually have the feature you are looking for in the future.

BLiip1234
  9.    #9  
    Awesome. Really would love to be able to use this while pulling riders on the boat. Other things too like snowboarding would benefit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    There is a developer working on an app called Mode Switcher allowing volume to be set based on location (along with lots of other setting). It has not been released in the app catelog yet but may eventually have the feature you are looking for in the future.

BLiip1234
    I would love to see an app like this... i'm in and out of school alot and it sux to be that guy whos phone is goin off in class. That would really come in handy. Tying in the speed thing would be cool too, i've never really though about that before, i'm pretty sure my mid 90's truck stereo used to have something like that.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah alot of cars have it now but for boats it's pretty expensive still. I would love something like the alpha acid when running and snowboarding to. That way once you get going the volume comes up a little bit but if you stop you it goes down and you can talk to your buddies without messing with the volume.