1.    #1  
    Occasionally when I try to hit one of the 5 icons along the bottom bar, the central light lights up, then right after both side lights blink on for a second, but the app doesn't open. Some times if I click it more it does open, and sometimes I need to open another app, close it then the original app works.

Also can you change / re-order those 5 quick launch apps?

EDIT:
    new problems.

Using the Youtube app, videos freeze after about 15 seconds. I get an error saying:
    "Error
    There was an error playing the file"

also, sometimes when I got into the ring tone thing, and test ring tones the sounds just glitches and starts repeating like .5 seconds of the ring tone over and over really fast until I can manage to turn the phone off or it does so itself (I am not sure if I do it or not). This also happened once with Vibrate, it started vibrating constantly until it shut off.
    Last edited by Dethredic; 09/01/2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Firstly, Welcome!

Secondly, I don't have anything I can say about that first issue. Mine doesn't seem to require opening a different app if at first an app I want doesn't open. I have the 4x4 launcher tweak, so occasionally I miss the app when I touch it - and have to retry.

On the second issue - yes, just press and hold the icon for the app you want OUT of the quick launch and drag it into lanch page you want it. Then you can do the opposite to drag a new app icon into the quick launch bar. You can also reorder your apps on the regular launcher pages that way too.

Also, I don't think you can stop it from adding everyone... but I just added my gmail to my pre yesterday, which doesn't have any contacts in it so I'm no expert.

Cheers!
  3.    #3  
    Ok, thanks.

As for my first problem it is actually the outside lights before the centre light. It also just happened when I tried hitting send on a text message, but after 3 tries it sent.
    To address your first issue, I believe that that is a sign of a background process hanging up the Pre.
  5.    #5  
    I have never had more than 3 cards open at once so, and most of the time when I get the flashing lights I don't have anything open. It happens after I just turn on the phone.
    when you added your email, did you use gmail? It scavanges email addresses and adds them to your address book automatically. A friend of mine came up with a method, using an alternative gmail account, of maintaining a more reasonable contacts database while using your primary gmail account for email.

http://steamforge.net/pre

I would use a similar method of having two gmail accounts, one for contacts and one for email.

1. Start with your 'normal' gmail account.
    2. Whilr in the Contacts app, sync the account and your pre. You will have all those duplicates and extra email addresses.
    3. Make a new gmail account (like myname.phone@gmail.com)
    4. Export your contacts from your old gmail account and then import them into your new gmail account
    5. edit the contacts in your new gmail account to only include the ones you want to see on your pre
    4. In the Contacts app, remove the old gmail account and add your new, cleaned up gmail account (myname.phone@gmail.com)
    5. Now you can use your new, stealth gmail account just to store your contacts info
    Last edited by jaytee; 09/01/2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: get the url right
  7.    #7  
    alright, thanks, I have the mail thing all figured out.

new problems.

Using the Youtube app, videos freeze after about 15 seconds. I get an error saying:
    "Error
    There was an error playing the file"

also, sometimes when I got into the ring tone thing, and test ring tones the sounds just glitches and starts repeating like .5 seconds of the ring tone over and over really fast until I can manage to turn the phone off or it does so itself (I am not sure if I do it or not). This also happened once with Vibrate, it started vibrating constantly until it shut off.
    hello im new to the pre game and have alot of ? can anyone help
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm a new user too, loving pre!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Oh, as a newbie, what special gestures are there besides the Back gesture and the "app bar" gesture?
    Quote Originally Posted by mariof27s View Post
    hello im new to the pre game and have alot of ? can anyone help

Nobody can help unless you ask a specific ? and give details of your problems.