Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Alright, so I'm finally wondering. This massively long boot-up time that I have (averaging 3 minutes and 20 seconds)

Is this the norm? Or should I finally backup my contacts on gmail and do a partial reset?

Post your boot times.

Oh, and I have just about every tweak available from Web OS Quick Install and the virtual keyboard installed.
    i have almost all tweaks from the new webos quickinstaller 2.02 and my boot is 15 to 20 sec off and20 t0 30 sec on
    i just picked up my phone, and it was in the boot process for no reason at all. I hadnt touched in over an hour. It stayed like that for over five minutes, and it would not react to the off switch. I was about to take the battery out, probably a stupid idea, but it looked as if it was stuck there. It finally turned on. Anyway, has this happened to you?

I have all the tweaks, rooted(but only to tether), and virtual keyboard and USUALLY it takes about a minute to boot back on. While installing something it varies.

EDIT: By Sept. 4 my boot times were about five minutes, far too long...this and a few other reasons, i ended up WebOS DR, and it's back to a crisp 25 seconds to turn off and about 1-2 to turn on...
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/05/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i have almost all tweaks from the new webos quickinstaller 2.02 and my boot is 15 to 20 sec off and20 t0 30 sec on
    Are you saying that your Pre takes a *total* of 30 seconds to boot completely? What in the world did you do to make that happen?

My Pre is rooted, and it has most of the WebOS Quick Install tweaks implemented, and it still takes 2.5 minutes to boot.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    When Quick Install "reboots", it isn't doing a full reboot. It's just restarting the LunaSysMgr service which only requires 20-30 seconds to reboot. A true reboot does take about 30 seconds to shutdown and then 2-3 minutes to boot up. Unless it takes over 6 minutes, then your Pre is fine.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    total of about a min or so lol off then back on . is that good then ??
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    When Quick Install "reboots", it isn't doing a full reboot. It's just restarting the LunaSysMgr service which only requires 20-30 seconds to reboot. A true reboot does take about 30 seconds to shutdown and then 2-3 minutes to boot up.
    My experience is much the same. If anyone's having faster start-up times than this (beyond LunaSysMgr resets within WebOS Quick Install or while rooting), please share.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    lol.. bootup time is worst than windows XP... lol.. takes about 3 minutes to boot up... :-(
    Exactly 30 seconds to shut off, I timed it..
    Exactly 5 minutes and 34 seconds to boot, I tiemd it..

That is not normal for boot.. it should be around 2 minutes..

Is it time for me to visit the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Exactly 30 seconds to shut off, I timed it..
    Exactly 5 minutes and 34 seconds to boot, I tiemd it..

That is not normal for boot.. it should be around 2 minutes..

Is it time for me to visit the doctor?
    If it bothers you that much...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Most phones ive had even when the screen comes on its still not finished booting, Non vital apps are still booting in the background.

The Pre does all start up functions before the screen appears. Its just a different way of doing thing so every doesnt ***** that their bluetooth doesnt work for 2 mins after boot and the like.

I know for a fact on my Pre (launch day Pre and never been to the Dr) the bluetooth is active 1.5 mins before the screen activates, I have received calls before the screen was even on.
    i getting the 30-40 secs shut down, and 2.5 start up as well. only have a few of the patches like v. keyboard, email and some background images.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mslayer82 View Post
    lol.. bootup time is worst than windows XP... lol.. takes about 3 minutes to boot up... :-(
    LOL, that made me laugh, I dont miss XP at all.

My phone takes about 25 seconds to power off and around 2min5sec to boot back up.
    Nothing is worse than a blackberry ...
    yeah mine takes forever!! about 2:30.....it's so annoying wish they can do something about that!!!
    Mines is 3 minute s plus too. Hopefully an update will address that. Entirely too long for now. But the Pre works once booted !!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Mine takes 6 minutes to boot up, do I win a prize for longest boot time?

I have 108 applications installed along with all the available services. In addition I have almost all of the WebOS Quick Install tweaks applied.