1.    #1  
    So, finally Bell got the Palm Pre in and I was one of the first people in my town to get their grubby little hands on one, so excitement ensured...until I was smitten with horror!

Yesterday I finally checked out google maps on it, figuring "what the hell", and low and behold I was confuzled beyond measure! I didn't recognize where I was, so, figuring it might help I switched into satellite view and what do I see? DIRT! Where I'm currently living doesn't even have a road, let alone houses yet, when this place has been around for a couple years at least.

So it appears that Google Maps, for this town at least (Lloydminster, AB/SK) is actually outdated by quite a bit (either that or I'm living in a ghost house that actually does not exist). Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by llamaegg View Post
    So, finally Bell got the Palm Pre in and I was one of the first people in my town to get their grubby little hands on one, so excitement ensured...until I was smitten with horror!

Yesterday I finally checked out google maps on it, figuring "what the hell", and low and behold I was confuzled beyond measure! I didn't recognize where I was, so, figuring it might help I switched into satellite view and what do I see? DIRT! Where I'm currently living doesn't even have a road, let alone houses yet, when this place has been around for a couple years at least.

So it appears that Google Maps, for this town at least (Lloydminster, AB/SK) is actually outdated by quite a bit (either that or I'm living in a ghost house that actually does not exist). Anyone else having this problem?
    Google Maps program just pulls the map images, so its likely they just haven't had the satellite update the images for your area in the past few years.... the ones over my house are at least 1 year old....
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    whenever I look, the image is between 6-14 months old.
    I can tell by which project is in the driveway, or which work location my truck is parked at.

but I live in a very large metropolitan area so they probably get updated more than the middle of nowhere.