1.    #1  
    I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to get my virtual keyboard installed on my Pre. I have tried following different videos and I am still stuck. I watched one video that told me to use Putty and I cant figure that out. Someone anyone please help. If you have AIM, Yahoo, or MSN messenger that would be an easy way for us to contact each other. If you have Skype that an even better way for us to contact each other. Please help me.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    what have u tried? its really simple. just follow the howto on yesterdays story
    http://www.precentral.net/screen-vir...o-mere-mortals
  3.    #3  
    I keep getting an error message when I am in WebOS Quick Install.

Here is the message:

An error ocurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)

Any idea why or what I need to do to get my virtual keyboard installed.
  4.    #4  
    nevermind I got it working again.
    hey i was getting the same exact error..how did you solve it? what did you do? help pleaseeeee
    u can install preware frm quick install but when you do that remember to intall the package manager with it is needed thas wut I used then in preware go to available patches and you will see virtual keyboard....click install...after a couple of moments it will give confirmation...you have to click ok and then ur pre will reboot its self
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonclaude View Post
    u can install preware frm quick install but when you do that remember to intall the package manager with it is needed thas wut I used then in preware go to available patches and you will see virtual keyboard....click install...after a couple of moments it will give confirmation...you have to click ok and then ur pre will reboot its self
    i dont have available patches on mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    Have you installed Preware, the Package Manager Service, & The GNU Patch Utility? What is your version of Preware?
    i have available patches and it says that virtual keyboard is installed already but it doesnt work??
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    Make sure you have installed Preware correctly.

Follow the links from here:

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Preware installer app goes ...

or here:

Preware beta release - WebOS Internals Announce | Google Groups

or here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html

or here:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    My virtual keyboard doesn't always pop up upon double tap and sometimes has issue going into landscape mode. Is this an installation issue??
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    My virtual keyboard doesn't always pop up upon double tap and sometimes has issue going into landscape mode. Is this an installation issue??
    If it pops up at all, it's installed correctly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Actually, I discovered this not to be the case. I needed to turn off tweeks, install gnu patch update before preware, install the keyboard and then reinstall each tweak one by one (each with soft reset) before the keyboard worked perfectly. It is working perfectly now. I hope this helps someone else. Took me a few hours to figure out.

FYI...the "constant roam tweak" dramatically consumes battery power so I turned it off.
    The KB patch was working for me, albeit imperfectly--it had some glitches in the email app (while using it in the title field, it kept switching to the address field). So I uninstalled. Reinstalled with Preware, which says it's installed, but it doesn't pop up any more.
    Hi - If you find help with this I am in the exact same boat; I cannot figure this out. I am stuck Downloading Web OS. After I plug my phone in nothing else happens. Please if you get help can you let me know please
    My virtual keyboard in not working after installing it following the instruction posted by Dieter at precentral website. Preware shows it to be installed and also rebooted my pre several times. However, the virtual keyboard will not pop open after double-taping the gesture area while am on messaging, internet or memos. Not sure what else to do now. I would appreciate any help.
    Everytime I connect my palm to my computer, WebOS quickinstall says that theres no device detected. How can i fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranus99 View Post
    Everytime I connect my palm to my computer, WebOS quickinstall says that theres no device detected. How can i fix this?
    for me the novacom.exe in your processes should be running when you have your palm connected. if the novacom.exe is not running then the web os will not regonize your pre. if not make sure that the novacom was installed when you installed the webos quick install..hope that helps you.