1.    #1  
    So i was messing around with my pre today and decided it would be much easier if I had the developer mode button visible. I rooted my pre, ssh into it and started editing the json file:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

I swear all I did was edit the visible false to visible true and upon reboot I had 2 developer mode buttons...

I wanna say I'm such an awesome developer that they gave me two buttons, but for some reason I dont think thats the case... Any ideas?

GS
    Lmao. Did you ever apply the hack from WebOS Quick Install that made the icon always visible? Maybe that caused a few issues. I'd revert the changes, reboot, check to make sure the icons are gone, and then try using the WebOS Quick Install tweak that shows the developer icon all the time. Then see if you get it only once.. If so, there you go, problem solved. :P
    Have you ever used "gd Quick Cuts" to add a Dev Mode link? I had tried that like 5 times when i first installed Quick Cuts and the link kept going away...so, when I installed Quick Install and unhide the icon, i actually had 6 Dev Mode icons. I deleted (Orange + icon) all the icons with the name "Developer Mode" and kept the one called "DeveloperMode" (no space between the names).
  4.    #4  
    I think we found the culprit, I did use "gd Quick Cuts" and never actually got a link. I already erased it but was curious if anyone had the same prob. Thanks for the responses!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsilva View Post
    I think we found the culprit, I did use "gd Quick Cuts" and never actually got a link. I already erased it but was curious if anyone had the same prob. Thanks for the responses!
    Glad I could help!
    I had impleted the patch launcher unhide on my 1st pre(it broke ), however the new one, I have followed ALL of the same steps to root, add optiware, I go to the Linux instructions for Patch Launcher Unhide the DeveloperMode App, and I get to the editing where I go to (press i in vi to insert/edit text)
    "visible": false to "visible": true, however when I follow the next step which is
    Press esc to exit insert mode, and save and quit vi by typing x
    I try to paste sudo mount -o remount,ro / but nothing happens...even when I reset the pre, nothing.

Please help, what has changed that I cant do this?
    I had impleted the patch launcher unhide on my 1st pre(it broke ), however the new one, I have followed ALL of the same steps to root, add optiware, I go to the Linux instructions for Patch Launcher Unhide the DeveloperMode App, and I get to the editing where I go to (press i in vi to insert/edit text)
    "visible": false to "visible": true, however when I follow the next step which is
    Press esc to exit insert mode, and save and quit vi by typing x
    I try to paste sudo mount -o remount,ro / but nothing happens...even when I reset the pre, nothing.

Please help, what has changed that I cant do this?